Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten many good ideas for accessories, etc. from this board for my VTX but this question has nothing to do with cycles. I know some savvy cyclists out there must know the best way to care for the convertible (canvas) top on my Geo Tracker such as treatments/dressings or doing nothing at all. As of now it's in excellent shape and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
313 Posts
It ain't canvas.

It's vinyl. GM probably has a 79-digit part number for a GM vinyl cleaner and preservative they recommend. And sell. Since Geo was changed to Chevrolet quite a few years ago, I am assuming the top is a few years old. I would go with the manufacturer's goop or with a premium one from Mother's, Meguiars, etc. I would NOT Armor-All it. Armor All makes it look pretty, but I wouldn't trust it on the stitching, etc.

For example: http://www.superiorcarcare.net/converti ... -care.html

·
Registered
770 Posts
Boy, I gotta agree with you on the 303. I use that for everything vinyl or rubber! Here in hawaii the sun and salt really take their toll so 303 is how I fight back!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lil Daddy said:
I've gotten many good ideas for accessories, etc. from this board for my VTX but this question has nothing to do with cycles. I know some savvy cyclists out there must know the best way to care for the convertible (canvas) top on my Geo Tracker such as treatments/dressings or doing nothing at all. As of now it's in excellent shape and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks for any help
Whew! I was afraid that when you said "canvas" you meant cloth! Don't use the 303 Aerospace Protectant on cloth, only vinyl, rubber, PVC etc. For cloth, you'd use 303 Fabric Guard.

In addition to 303, RaggTopp has a fantastic cleaner/protectant kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts