Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the C, normally run saddle bags, rear passenger seat, 2 up windshield, windshield back, lowers and all the cruising long trip junk. Well last night I made my X naked,
took off the shield (thank GOD for switchblades), took of the passenger seat, the bags, the windshield bag and make it NAKED!!!

rode to work this morning and dude says, "you buy a new bike?" Nope same ole bike I had the other day. WOW! it looks so different.

I am so :D :D :D :lol: :D :D that I got the X!

·
Registered
881 Posts
I've been riding her naked the last couple of weeks myself. I get a lot more questions and looks when she's naked. Just this morning a guy in a cement truck pulls up next to me and asks the standard, "That's a Honda?!" I love that.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Have been naked for over a year. Love the look, especially with stock solo seat. 1800C looks bad ass that way. JMHO
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I know what you mean,I do the same thing with my retro.I can go fully dressed for longer trips and solo for around the city and I get more complements the solo way and I must admit, I too enjoy the solo look better myself.I have been asked if my x was an old Indian :? Someone even thought I owned 2 bikes. :? 2 vtxs for the price of one how cool is that for $9000.00 8) I love this bike twice as much now.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boss goes out and looks at it and says, "how does it ride like that".
I really don't know what to say,
I like the wind in my face, but maybe not the wind on my chest especially with the 30 MPH gust we are having, feels like my arms are getting longer though.
Like the wind in my face, but not the bugs that slapped against my face this morning, forgot about those with the shield on.
Also forgot about the roar the wind makes running by the helmet flaps.

Although, I experienced absolutely NO head buffering this morning without the shield.
Loved being able get on it and not have the wind slow me down with the big shield out in front,
And I love how she looks going by the storefronts without the bags, really makes the rear wheel stand out.

I am beginning to like NAKED!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Mine was brought into this world naked, and will go out of this world naked. No bags, windsheild, nothin'.

·
Registered
264 Posts
fluff, ha! That's funny.

I took my windshield and backseat off a few weeks ago and I have to say that I am rather pleased with the result.

derb, is that a rivco rack on the back? I want pics, that thing is expensive with no reviews on it

·
Registered
787 Posts
I did the same, off with the bags & dual touring seat she has a mean look with just the solo seat. Wife can't ride this year due to back surgery so i am also naked.
Regards,
PAVTX

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nekosohana - A.A.C. said:
fluff, ha! That's funny.

I took my windshield and backseat off a few weeks ago and I have to say that I am rather pleased with the result.

derb, is that a rivco rack on the back? I want pics, that thing is expensive with no reviews on it
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/derb
CruiserCustomizing.com - Member Detail
The rack is 4 a 750 ACE but it can be made 2 fit. EH
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detai ... ct_ID=2062
CruiserCustomizing.com - Show Chrome Accessories Solo Luggage Rack - 750 ACE You have 2 make a short bracket about 2 inch long with a hole drilled in each end or drill a hole in the fender. EH

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've been riding without my bags lately too. Got my solo rack (had to modify for Mustang seat) and cleaned it a little more. Ok, I'm soft, I like a windshield :oops: but I would like to have a windvest to swap out but I'm saving for forwards right now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
OK, since we are talking about naked bikes I want to ask. Isn't it a little hypocritical to mock someone for having a windhield, but wear a full face or a 3/4 when you ride?

I have friend who says "Windshield are for cars". But I have a bucket and glasses and he has a 3/4 with a shield that goes all the way down to his chin.

That's cheating! :evil:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Bag that... if I don't have a windshield on, I'm wearing full face. I only wear a bucket and glasses when the shield is on. I'm too good lookin to be taking rocks in the face lol.

<--- handsome devil

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I only wear a fullface and don't plan on getting a shield. I can relax much better and enjoy the ride more. I'm going with a little more form over function with the inability for saddlebags. I plan on trying to come up with a rear bag setup that will sit on the rear of my Highend seat and attach with velcro straps under the seat. (backburner) One day I'd like to get the Corbin dual tour for trips but, still saving for some more form :lol:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nekosohana - A.A.C. said:
fluff, ha! That's funny.

I ride solo all the time and have the Rivco rack on my Retro and love it. I think it's very good quality for the price and the styling is sharp. Get lots of compliments on it!! Looks like Eric R has the same one so you may want to ask his opinion too!!

Ashli

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have both a full facer and the shorty (no shield). I don't like the full facer as I feel like I am in outer space and disconected from the world. But at least you don't take a big squishy bug in the lips at 70MPG like you do with the shorty on!!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts