Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This must sound dumb.I guess i must be the only person who does'nt even know how to do a burnout.It's probably best i don't know,cause my wife would want to know why i would need new tires all the time. :roll:

·
Registered
360 Posts
O.K. , Let's assume you've just done that .......... Now what ? :? :?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I suppose one could always ride the brake petal to see how long the pads will last, then ride down the road with the clutch halfway engaged and do a "brake and clutch burnout". That'll get rid of some of the nerdy old stock parts!!

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Man... You gotta be careful using titles like ...I MUST BE DUMB....
you open yourself to all kinds of smart a$$ remarks.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
From another post:

vtxxx1

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:03 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dropped my bike almost a year ago- about three months after I bought it. I was leaving a gas station waiting for a friend in a truck behind me. I decided "Hey I think I'll do a little burn out for fun" I revved it a little and dumped the clutch-needless to say it got away from me. Down it went, talk about embarassing. I hopped off before it hit the ground looked at the bike, looked over my shoulder and realized that I had attracted quite the audiance. Two months in the shop(waiting for parts) and $5000.00 later I had my bike back. I did not go to that gas station for quite a while. Stupidity can be very expensive.

Be careful, the VTX is a heavy bike to learn this on
Spencer :twisted:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmmmmm,i think i'll choose to be smart instead. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts