Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This factory seat is rough! I remember when the seats were at least bearable off the showroom floor... Well, I am trying to figure out if I should get the factory redone with a gel pad inserted or go for a Mustang. I have heard mixed reviews on the Mustang seats and am looking for some feedback.

Thank folks

·
Registered
740 Posts
Just put on a Mustang 2 piece touring seat last weekend. To me, the seat fits my aZZ like a glove. It is VERY comfortable. Not to mention the wife likes hers too. The "maxi-pad" original passenger seat is barely wide enough for my 9 year olds rear-end. The Mustang passenger seat also acts as an additional back support the way it mounts. I am extremely satisfied with the Mustang seat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the mustang seat. I rode Americade in Lake George last year. (about 200 miles) I could hardly stand after I got there. Mustang had a display there and I bought the two up seat with back rest. It was such a nice ride home. I never looked back to question weather I made the right choice. i certainly did.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yup!!! What those guys said

This is my second bike with a Mustang seat-HAppy a$$es all around

·
Registered
816 Posts
can't get a more comfortable seat than an ultimate. i chose the lowrider.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the Mustang sports touring on my "C" for a little over a year. IMHO this is a very comfortable seat. I have logged a few 400+ miles in one day rides and the seat did not become any less comfortable at the end of the day than it was at the begining of the day. I have also had a ultimate seat on a different ride an was well pleased with it. I boils down to style and pricing between these two well made products.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I installed the mustang seat this week. I love the way the seat rides, very comforable. The back support is great. When I put both feet down there is pressure on the inside of my thighs. I'm hoping the seat will loosen up with each ride. :D

G

·
0 Posts
I got the Ultimate....the product was great, customer service was just as good!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed the mustang two piece vintage sport on my c this weekend so I havent had time to get adjusted to it. The most noticeable is the passenger seat is taller therefore it makes the bike top heavy at slow speeds when the wife is riding.I'm sure i'llget used to it in time but it really gets your attention from a standing start.Also the seat does not fit very well at the tank. The gap there is not straight. It's off about threequartes of an inch.I needto check the serial numbers because they had a fitment problem, But the seat is a lot more comfortable,

·
Registered
76 Posts
Guys, I'd like a seat too but at $500 I can't imagine how anyone even begins to consider it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just put the Ultimate Lowrider seat on a week ago, put 150+ on it the other day and man am I glad for the swap. Have solo seat only, but at $285 didn't think it was too expensive. Plus I like the ability to buy however many pieces of the setup I want. If you opt for the Mustang, at least from HDL, it appears you have to buy the entire set at once. Plus, the Ultimate Lowrider looks the best. JMHO

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Admiral said:
Guys, I'd like a seat too but at $500 I can't imagine how anyone even begins to consider it.

Yes this stuff IS expensive , we really don't NEED any of it,but I figure all the time we ride it's sitting on our BUTT so this was my first big ticket item I bought for the bike.It's only money,you can't take it with you! :lol: ......... :D Rod

·
Registered
238 Posts
On comparison between an Ultimate and Stock Seat--if you like riding with a numb butt after 30 miles keep the stock seat --- if not get the Ultimate or Mustang Seats ---either one is a considerable improvement. I have the Ultimate and love it. Never rode on a Mustang.

Good luck,

operator

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Admiral said:

After 1200 miles in the saddle a a 300 mile ride on the stock seat I'm about to gladly fork over the money to get an Ultimate Lowrider. I ride too much not to do it comfortably 8)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Ultimate!

I did my research. Visited all the boards on seats and Ultimate seemed to stand out. I bought the full thing...back rest for driver and rider, rider seat. Total was $700. To me it was worth it. Last year I rode 1,400 miles up to Yellowstone and back on a stock seat. At the time, I would have paid double for the Ultimate seat.

Go Ultimate! :pepper1:

·
Registered
151 Posts
mustang sport touring

i added a studded mustang sport touring seat to my bike about 250 miles ago. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I love this thing. This is much more comfortable than the stock seat.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just put a new four piece Ultimate on my Retro last weekend. Huge difference over stock seat. Only complaint is my wife says my backrest bangs the inside of her legs. If I move it up, I'm not comfortable. Overall I like the seat. Not cheap, but I don't think you'll regret it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts