Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is randy and i am an addict. i just picked up my 03 1300 retro with 648 miles yesterday. it now has considerably more than that. i am getting some funny looks from people now- my program manager (wife) says it probably is related to that s#$t grin on my face. A man should not have to wait until he is 50, fat and staring retirement in the eye before he experiences a VTX.
I would like some advice however. I noted yesterday while I was putting on those miles, how much i would have enjoyed the ability to just stretch out my legs. i am not a real fan of the big wide crash bars or hi way bars. does anyone know of a more unobtrusive alternative. my program manager says cost is a factor ( what she doesn't know could hurt me)
thanks- Randy " keep on smiling" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
needing help

those look pretty good- i am assuming the pegs would fold, depending on which ones you buy- thanks for the help :) :) :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Rdub[quote:2cqrjsr6]A man should not have to wait until he is 50, fat and staring retirement in the eye before he experiences a VTX.
[/quote:2cqrjsr6]

Watch it buddy! I resemble that remark!!! :) :) :)

X

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
As do I!!! :D

·
Registered
921 Posts
Hey ...you talking about me???? :D

The pegs do fold...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kury pegs

I have the Kury Highway mounts with stilleto pegs and they do fold. I like them, but they are a hard point that drags before the floorboards on my Retro. I fixed this by cutting the spacers down to 1/2" from 1 1/2", then I added 2 1/2" extenders to the pegs, to increase leg clearance around the breather. Now, I drag the spring-loaded floorboard first, and don't upset the bike...or the biker.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Me to, but i am not fat :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
More sexy Pig! :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sorry guys it has been a long day of riding my 1300C in 75 degree weather. O i almost forget the 4 shots of twelve year old scotch that made me do the sexy pig thing :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
549 Posts
pegs

kuryakyn stilito's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts