Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually strap a gym bag on the back of my bike with bungy cords but since I am gonna make the trip to the dells, I would rather not go that route. Which sissy-bar luggage do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, and special thanks to you Jeremy for your offer. If this was a last minute trip, I may take you up on your offer but since we are more than a month away, it should give me plenty of time to find something.

·
Registered
387 Posts
bags

Reg
I've got a huge t bag that I used for Sturgis that you are more than welcome too use Between saddlebags and tour pack I have plenty of storage

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks JB but I just ordered the Tbag. Cruiser Customizing seemed to have the best price.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
What kind of "luggage rack" do you have?

I had the Honda line "Deluxe" on both the '03 and '04; both of them had a bright yellow sticker with the statement "MAXIMUM LOAD 10 KILOGRAMS".

That's 22 pounds to you and me. How much stuff you planning to load into that T-Bag and carry with you on that trip? Think that luggage rack is up to lugging a fifty-pound T-Bag around country?

Put it on the rear seat, much better designed for carrying a load. If you've got a passenger then get a real set of saddlebags and use the "luggage rack" for the little stuff that she wants to get to everytime she gets off the bike.

Been there , learned my lesson... Boss Bags #38 Slant looks great on a C or F, and the #42's fit great on the Retro (although I had a set of 42's on the '04 and they looked fine too). The Neo shouldn't be ruined by any saddlebags, but if you have to, get the Quick Release kit so you can pull them off to clean up the bike when you don't need the bags.

'Sup everyone??? Howdy from rainy Texas :doorag:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ordered the universal t bags. I went on the general board and it was another person asking about luggage and the t bags seemed highly recommended. It is due to be delivered tomorrow so I will have to see. I don't plan on carrying much for the Dells trip and I will be riding solo. Cruiser Customizing had it for $205, I'm not sure if that is considered to be a lot but I was ok with it. I bought the extreme back rest off ebay and it is good quality and should be able to hold the weight of the luggage.

Thank you everyone for your input.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The T bags arrived today and they are the perfect fit. There are quite a few zippers and straps but I think I can figure it all out. Thanks for all the advice guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I usually strap a gym bag on the back of my bike with bungy cords but since I am gonna make the trip to the dells, I would rather not go that route. Which sissy-bar luggage do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.
Have what you need.. honda backrest with bag and large saddlman bag looks great

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
Sir. 10 year old thread. Doubt very much if he still needs it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts