Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys im in the Market for a sissy bar for my bike vtx 1300r and well I need something thats going to have some "PUMPKIN" to it if you know what i mean. Were bigger folks and I don't wanna have to worry about getting some scrap piece tin can metal that will only hold up temporarily I want it to last,be strong and have comfort as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
most of the sissy bars made for the X are pretty well made, if you want more stability just change the bolts that hold the actuall backrest part to hardened bolts you should have no problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
I've had both the Honda line deluxe rack and the Bestem, which is a knock off of the Honda line.......The Honda line is really thick metal but I had a problem with upright where the pad mounts....on the hondaline the tabs are only welded on one side and 2 of them broke off after 1 year of riding....luckly it was 1 on each side and not on the same side.....the Bestem racks are a little thinner metal but there welded on BOTH sides......The Bestem mounting brackets that mount to the fender is chrome on the out side but not on the inside, this didn't matter to me because you don't see it anyway, the chrome on both are very good. Having them both I would pick the bestem over the Honda line because of my experiance. I know the chroming process makes the metal more brittel so I don't know why honda only welded one side of the mounting tabs. Plus the bestem is cheaper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I installed the Neo Retro Tall backrest and the wife and daughter really like it. The fit and finish was great, the lines of the backrest follow the bike nicely, and it's made of some sturdy material.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,500 Posts
we ride a cobra and it's tough as nails. just went down and the sissy bar's just fine, wish i could say that about me and the rest of the bike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
National Cycle Paladin here.

Wife loves it. I just ordered my Ultimate Mid Rider and got the matching sissy bar pad. Not because the pad on the Paladin is bad, but because I wanted it to match.....

The nice thing about the Paladin is that is removes in less than a minute. Unlock it and squeeze the latches and lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Have the cobra and both of my daughters like it. Comfortable and stable.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ponyz101 said:
we ride a cobra and it's tough as nails. just went down and the sissy bar's just fine, wish i could say that about me and the rest of the bike
Yea ponyz101 i read that post where you went down Bro. hope the recovery is going well and best of luck to ya!

As for all the input on this matter thanks a million. To me there just plain overpriced but heh just my 2 cents we ended up going with a cobra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,920 Posts
Ezinclarks said:
ponyz101 said:
we ride a cobra and it's tough as nails. just went down and the sissy bar's just fine, wish i could say that about me and the rest of the bike
Yea ponyz101 i read that post where you went down Bro. hope the recovery is going well and best of luck to ya!



+1 Good to see your back ! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
417 Posts
Eric Buckner said:
National Cycle Paladin here.

Wife loves it. I just ordered my Ultimate Mid Rider and got the matching sissy bar pad. Not because the pad on the Paladin is bad, but because I wanted it to match.....

The nice thing about the Paladin is that is removes in less than a minute. Unlock it and squeeze the latches and lift.
Same here. Love it! Quick release and ur solo. Very well built.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
I've got the cobra and installed the jumbo freedom pad. Stock pad was good but not good enough. The jumbo freedom really is comfortable and conforms more to the back. My wife really likes this when we ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
I have to say +1 with the Bestem bar. I have the Deluxe bar with luggage rack and it's not going anywhere. I spent a lot less then if I went Hondaline and it looks great. Also is very sturdy.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top