Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as I have stated previously, I bicycle commute to work 4 days a week (25 miles each way), well my bicycle is down for repairs. bit over 13,000 miles on it in 11 months and snapped my front fork (carbon fiber bike). so for the past 2 weeks I've been using the VTX to ride to work waiting on a warranty replacement fork from TREK.

Well now I keep getting requests from female co-workers to go for a ride. The company I work for has a very high female to male ratio, about 100:1 right now.

my X is setup for solo riding, since I cut and widened the OEM rear fender and made new frame mounts with the intent for it to be a solo bike, it isn't really setup to accommodate a passenger.

I think I need to figure out how to get a passenger on the back.. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Wow. 100:1, spending my whole career in the world of computers I remember the early days when it was 0:100.
I remember my company building a brandnew computer center and then a year or so later hiring the first woman and then realizing they never planned for a ladies room ........
Times surely have changed. For the better.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
as I have stated previously, I bicycle commute to work 4 days a week (25 miles each way), well my bicycle is down for repairs. bit over 13,000 miles on it in 11 months and snapped my front fork (carbon fiber bike). so for the past 2 weeks I've been using the VTX to ride to work waiting on a warranty replacement fork from TREK.

Well now I keep getting requests from female co-workers to go for a ride. The company I work for has a very high female to male ratio, about 100:1 right now.

my X is setup for solo riding, since I cut and widened the OEM rear fender and made new frame mounts with the intent for it to be a solo bike, it isn't really setup to accommodate a passenger.

I think I need to figure out how to get a passenger on the back.. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
If there is a will, there is a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Wow. 100:1, spending my whole career in the world of computers I remember the early days when it was 0:100.
I remember my company building a brandnew computer center and then a year or so later hiring the first woman and then realizing they never planned for a ladies room ........
Times surely have changed. For the better.

I am the Director for Corp and Retail IT systems (infrastructure and security) for a High End (Luxury) Brand of woman's clothing (manufacturing and retail). At the corp. offices we have 214 employees and only 2 of us are men, The warehouse manager and myself, while there are 3 other "men" they work in the fashion design studio and are well.. um yeah.

so yeah 100:1 basically, most are in their mid 20s through mid 40s, many are single or divorced.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If there is a will, there is a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh man I could never do that to my VTX. I wouldn't even ride it when I was overweight for fear of damaging it.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now I finally understand where you got the suit: Edna Mode must be working for you.
:giggle: :geek:
View attachment 194227
lol funny you mention that. The owner Trina actually has a little statue of Edna Mode on her desk dressed in one of her outfits, several of us think she looks like Edna, she even has similar glasses

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: Capt. Rory

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
You got a nice problem on your hands. Kind of 'a tiger by the tail' LOL. Did you leave the mounting stud for the back of the rear seat? I have a couple of stock pass. seats, I'd send you one for the cost of shipping. Do you still have the passenger pegs on the bike? Or, can you slap them back on? If you have the pegs, a folded up saddle blanket will do for taking her for a blast. I've done that many a time. Full steam ahead.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
You got a nice problem on your hands. Kind of 'a tiger by the tail' LOL. Did you leave the mounting stud for the back of the rear seat? I have a couple of stock pass. seats, I'd send you one for the cost of shipping. Do you still have the passenger pegs on the bike? Or, can you slap them back on? If you have the pegs, a folded up saddle blanket will do for taking her for a blast. I've done that many a time. Full steam ahead.
it isn't just one "her", it is several, good thing my wife trusts me and I'm not the cheating type, nor am I one to dip my pen in the company ink so to speak, I don't socialize with co-workers very much, too many problems that can arise and I like my paycheck.

the mounting bolt/stud is still there as are the pegs, the real issue is whether or not the fender can hold the weight, the original under fender framing is gone, the fender was reinforced with cross members for support, but no Idea if it can hold the weight of a body, nor do I know if it will cause the fender to bottom out on the tire.

might take you up on the seat though.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As you can see it’s pretty tight.

·
Premium Member
9,289 Posts
The best thing to do ... leave it a solo bike. Tell the girls its set up for solo, and you'd like to take them for a ride, but it is what it is. I absolutely love having my wife on the back, no one else ... ever. They don't know how to be good passengers, and I would feel like crap if anything ever happened. Not worth it brother.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The best thing to do ... leave it a solo bike. Tell the girls its set up for solo, and you'd like to take them for a ride, but it is what it is. I absolutely love having my wife on the back, no one else ... ever. They don't know how to be good passengers, and I would feel like crap if anything ever happened. Not worth it brother.
I have to say that Harkon makes a point. I did not catch, or know, that you were a married man. No profit in it.

Rain (my wife) won’t ever get on the bike. Doesn’t even like that I ride it, but she won’t ever stop me from riding or owning a bike, and she is well aware of the flirting happening at work and we’ve talked, she’s not concerned about it, she knows me well enough to know I won’t cheat on her..

·
Premium Member
9,289 Posts
Rain (my wife) won’t ever get on the bike. Doesn’t even like that I ride it, but she won’t ever stop me from riding or owning a bike, and she is well aware of the flirting happening at work and we’ve talked, she’s not concerned about it, she knows me well enough to know I won’t cheat on her..
I'm with you. I'm the same, and my wife is not at all concerned. Of course we do work in the same office, but still.

I wasn't just referring to you and your wife. Aside from that, personally, I'd just let it go. It's a solo setup, I'd leave it as is, as opposed to going to any lengths for the girls at the office. As a manager with several employees, it's been my experience that such an overture is unnecessarily risky ... professionally speaking. It's something that is almost impossible to see from your vantage point, but it's there. Could be everyone has a lot if fun and that's it. Could be not.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
lol funny you mention that. The owner Trina actually has a little statue of Edna Mode on her desk dressed in one of her outfits, several of us think she looks like Edna, she even has similar glasses

View attachment 194229
If I worked there, and I wasn't married, I'd check that out.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts