Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Everyone,,,,
I have finally decided to pay the extra money, and move on away from the JC Whitney's. Don't get me wrong,,, the held me off for 2 1/2 yrs and at $80, they are worth every penny,,, but now I am think that I want to move up to a full system with a rejet to get a little more power out of her. I think that I have my choices down to two: Either the Samson Street Sweepers or the Bub Jugg Huggers. They are a very similar in style, but I haven't heard either of them,,,, thats where you all come in!!! Any feedback on sound, quality, and the best prices would be very appreciated. I found the BUBS from $529 and the Samsons form $469.

Thanks!!!

SAMSON STREET SWEEPERS

BUB JUGG HUGGERS

·
Registered
191 Posts
Haven't heard the street sweepers, but I can't speak highly enough about the Bubs. You won't regret it. Plus, IMHO, I think they look better than the street sweeper picture you linked.

·
Registered
562 Posts
can't say much about the sound, not having heard them both, but looks alone? Bubs.

I think bubs look great on C's, and R/S, I think the long look of the HK's or other's like it look the best, long, straight, and chopped at the same point. If you want them shorter like the two shown, I like the extra bend of the bubs. You'll hear everyone in this place say they love their bubs, but I'm not sure how many opinions you're going to hear about the street sweepers

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
BUBs

·
Read Only
1,671 Posts
you will love the bubs. the are deep and low and mean sounding at idle and they scream if you want them to. they can set off car alarms also.

no need to re-jet either.

that price you found for the bubs sucks.

i paid $430 shipped from american clasic motors in pa.

the only way to get that price is you have to call them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
maskedman, a little of the topic but that's a good looking model and the bike aint bad either. LOL

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
A set of Bubs will make your bike sound great. There are several Harley guys I ride with locally who have told me they wish their bikes sound as good, and I would know if they were not serious. No better testimonial than that.

·
Registered
620 Posts
For a Retro, Dooleys are the way to go IMO, if I were going with exhaust on one side, it would definetly be the Jug Huggers. I do like the way the Street Sweepers wrap around the engine cover though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
maskedman72 said:
you will love the bubs. the are deep and low and mean sounding at idle and they scream if you want them to. they can set off car alarms also.

Really, no need to rejet?? I thought that with most of the full systems, you needed to rejet. How many of you out there didn't rejet and did you see any performance gains??
BH

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am thinking about getting the HK Sideburners. They look like an awesome pipe. Good sound and a good performance gain.

I would check those pipes out if I were you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
...Do I need to get the Stealth Baffles???? Looking for good sound when I get on it,,, but still the ability to keep it down if need (early mornings, etc)

·
Registered
622 Posts
I put cobra speedster shorts on and a dynojet kit, great sound looks great and picked up some mojo. Very happy even the harley guys are very impressed with the looks and sound. I have heard a lot about bubs just liked the look of these better my self. Best sounding set of pipes I have heard on the few X,S I could compear too. But I think the pipes thing is a personal choice deal. I got them for 495 shipped from Phat perfomance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive got BUB's on my 07 R and it had signifigant power loss, not as much low end torque and boggs down low in the gears, in the process of rejetting, u will hear lots of different responses on this, but i have them and noticed it alot... besides whats wrong with alittle more power than it was stock? WOuldnt u rather have alittle more, than alittle(or ALOT) less?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
volsmc said:
Ive got BUB's on my 07 R and it had signifigant power loss, not as much low end torque and boggs down low in the gears, in the process of rejetting, u will hear lots of different responses on this, but i have them and noticed it alot... besides whats wrong with alittle more power than it was stock? WOuldnt u rather have alittle more, than alittle(or ALOT) less?
Power loss??? I thought that by changing out the pipes, I should gaining power shouldn't I>>???

·
The BuB Guy
6,538 Posts
Did someone say BuBs.....??

We like'm... check my web site below for more BUB info...

But I would get with your state Board and find someone and hear them for yourself.. or if you like let us know and we will try to find someone near you...check the bub Thread link also in web page....

Tomb

·
The BuB Guy
6,538 Posts
Big_Henry said:
volsmc said:
Power loss??? I thought that by changing out the pipes, I should gaining power shouldn't I>>???

Yes you may have a little power loss most will not be able to tell if the carb is adjusted, you may have to adjust A/F loss did not notice it much myself but when I changed intake and re-jeted I had a nice little gain...but this is the same with all 2 into 2 aftermarket pipes...

tomb

·
The BuB Guy
6,538 Posts
Big_Henry said:
maskedman72 said:

Really, no need to rejet?? I thought that with most of the full systems, you needed to rejet. How many of you out there didn't rejet and did you see any performance gains??
BH
Did not rejet ... until changed intake...and no real gain until then....lose a little low end gain alittle top really could not tell much difference at all... with new intake and re-jetting maybe 6-9 hp over stock...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts