Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I cant find away to put tank trim on. Does anyone happend to have a solution or a write up for this kind of problem? Im starting to lose sleep over it.





















:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Haha. I was worried someone really felt that way at first. How do you like that style tank? I think they look pretty good, even the painted on decal(so it cant be removed) on the side of the tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
Yeah... it involves a welder, some narrow flat stock, and a new paint job for the tank. Can be done tho. And I think the look would be awesome and truely unique. :wink:

You could take it further and weld flange all over the bike for a "flange and trim" theme. X-treme. :)
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
You can put the Coyote invisible tank trim on any of the models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,543 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
You can put the Coyote invisible tank trim on any of the models.

hehehehe, oh yeah, I mean, you still have some left?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jhrahn said:
Haha. I was worried someone really felt that way at first. How do you like that style tank? I think they look pretty good, even the painted on decal(so it cant be removed) on the side of the tank.
If u look at the 2 tanks side by side there is no comparison about which one looks better. I kind of like how they did the decals under the clearcoat with a semi matching color. Looks cleaner then the decals just stuck on later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,639 Posts
go fast said:
why not put it around your fenders :?: :?:
you might start a new fad :shock:
I gotta see that!! (But I ain't volunteerin'. :mrgreen: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
You can put the Coyote invisible tank trim on any of the models.
I would be afraid to put it on my fenders. Would u buy me new ones if they disappear Hal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,187 Posts
VTXN04JB said:
Because I cant find away to put tank trim on. Does anyone happend to have a solution or a write up for this kind of problem? Im starting to lose sleep over it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm sure if you ask someone with a tank that has a seam, they would be willing to swap tanks with you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
VTXN04JB said:
Because I cant find away to put tank trim on. Does anyone happend to have a solution or a write up for this kind of problem? Im starting to lose sleep over it.



Hey. I resemble that! :lol:















:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
I'll trade i don't have it trimed but that's easy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
That's OK MarkRit. I have an 02 Retro and while I would prefer to have the look of the seemless tank, I don't. So hey, it's there why not use it and put a little shiny stuff on it! At least it's 1 of the only mods you can do for an affordable price and personally I like it!

OK guys, for whatever reason you don't like the tank trim.....blast away!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,984 Posts
VBTAZ said:
That's OK MarkRit. I have an 02 Retro and while I would prefer to have the look of the seemless tank, I don't. So hey, it's there why not use it and put a little shiny stuff on it! At least it's 1 of the only mods you can do for an affordable price and personally I like it!

OK guys, for whatever reason you don't like the tank trim.....blast away!
Now why did you have to go and start that? :p :p :p :p Better duck quick! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top