Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I saw a new Fury today at the Wichita, KS Honda dealer (and a DN-01). OK, if the Fury had come out 3 or 4 years ago, it would be smashing. If it had the 1800 engine today, with some improvements, it would be VERY intriguing. But, it didin't and it doesn't.

So, it looked like a cheap bike. No bling. Typical cheap Honda paint, etc. The 'welds' did not look bad, but the whole steering head was a little rough - didn't understand.

I did not sit on it. I was in a hurry I had my baby with me - Rocky - see attached). If I were looking for a non-custom chopper, I would consider it - but WAY behind the Yammie Raider or the H-D Rocker C (I acutally like the Rocker - please don't tell anyone!).

But, I am not as price concious as some. If I were on a tight budget, once the Fury gets over built and you could buy one for ~$9K Out The Door, then it would be a REAL CONTENDER!

Also, they had a lot of 1800 leftovers. REAL TEMPTING!!!!!

Regards,
Joe T.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
All,

I saw a new Fury today at the Wichita, KS Honda dealer (and a DN-01). OK, if the Fury had come out 3 or 4 years ago, it would be smashing. If it had the 1800 engine today, with some improvements, it would be VERY intriguing. But, it didin't and it doesn't.

So, it looked like a cheap bike. No bling. Typical cheap Honda paint, etc. The 'welds' did not look bad, but the whole steering head was a little rough - didn't understand.

I did not sit on it. I was in a hurry I had my baby with me - Rocky - see attached). If I were looking for a non-custom chopper, I would consider it - but WAY behind the Yammie Raider or the H-D Rocker C (I acutally like the Rocker - please don't tell anyone!).

But, I am not as price concious as some. If I were on a tight budget, once the Fury gets over built and you could buy one for ~$9K Out The Door, then it would be a REAL CONTENDER!

Also, they had a lot of 1800 leftovers. REAL TEMPTING!!!!!

Regards,
Joe T.
Typical cheap Honda paint
HUH? Speak for yourself, my Honda paint must be atypical. It doesn't look cheap at all.

BTW- The Fury seems to be selling pretty well. :thumbup:

I guess I won't be getting a leftover 2010.

·
Registered
535 Posts
All,

- but WAY behind the Yammie Raider or the H-D Rocker C (I acutally like the Rocker - please don't tell anyone!).

Regards,
Joe T.

I disagree with all of that. The fury is a full factory custom chopper. The other two are semi custom. Neither are full chopper styling like the Fury. Get with the program Jed.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I disagree with all of that. The fury is a full factory custom chopper. The other two are semi custom. Neither are full chopper styling like the Fury. Get with the program Jed.
Uh, so where do I place my order for a Fury built just for me with my choice of motor, frame, any paint job I want etc? THAT is a full factory custom chopper. "None of the above" qualify including the Fury. Get real.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts