Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

I bought my VTX1300S new in 2004, that makes this my 17th riding season with this bike. Yesterday (Tuesday), I got up early and put a new set of rear brake pads on my bike and decided to take it for a test ride. The next thing I know, am cruzing down this back road... and the next... and the next. I ran across quite a few back roads and parks up here in N.E. Ohio, and I thought - why not - It was an absolutely gorges sunny day. All-in-all I covered right around 250 miles on my "test ride", and oh by the way, the brakes worked just fine.

Once I pulled back into my garage, shut off the bike, got off and headed for the door. I couldn't help but stop and turn and look at my VTX and think to myself - "After all these years... I still love riding my VTX!"

Just thought i'd share that story.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven’t had my X that long but have admired them for a long time, putting on new Cobra pipes today and cant wait to go for my test ride.

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
If you don't feel that every time you look at your bike, you are either, in the wrong bike, or have a bike for a purpose that does not include pure fun.

Ever notice how after you give a good cleaning and a polish, how much better it looks? Like serious pride of ownership. The X is still one of the best looking cruiser bikes out there IMO, and looks best cleaned up.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you don't feel that every time you look at your bike, you are either, in the wrong bike, or have a bike for a purpose that does not include pure fun.
Ever notice how after you give a good cleaning and a polish, how much better it looks? Like serious pride of ownership. The X is still one of the best looking cruiser bikes out there IMO, and looks best cleaned up.
I absolutely agree. After I finish giving my VTX a good cleaning & going over, I love to stand back and just look at my bike - and smile. Best bike I have ever owned... and I have owned my fair share that's for sure.

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Mine always runs good...but seems to gain a couple of HP (For a minute)after a good detailing... ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just bought my first VTX and I can't believe how many people I run into locally that say they use to have one and wish they had never sold it. Each person praises the reliability of the machine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My VTX is secure every time I visit a new showroom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts