Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a small run in with some pavement last Wed. A CARLESS DRIVER wasn't paying attantion and was about to T-Bone me. I locked up, went down. Luckly me and the bike walked away with minor bumps and bruises.

Looking at my bike it doesn't appear to have alot of damage. The crash bar and Hard Bags (LeatherLyke) really saved a lot of, including my legs. HOWEVER, anything that has the smallest scratche will be replaced, including the gas take with got a nice ding in it form my knee :(

So I need a new

- Crash Bar
- Mirror
- Break Lever
- Grips
- PIPES
- Bags
- Footpeg
- Gas tank

You all know as well as I do how much the pipes and bags alone cost. I only have a $250 deductible so it's not going to be that bad. I'll be dropping it off at at dealer tomorrow for the crash estimate.

I'm pissed but very thankful I walked away....

8)

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Whew scary...glad you are okay! I was looking at Tejas jacket the other night thinking I was seeing dirt on it, got up close to it and saw it was scraped up from when he went down. :shock:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Uh....... Ricstir.......you lost?
Did you wander into the wrong thread?

JPfeiffer
Glad you are ok......if the insurance thing does not work out I have a few of those parts for the cost of shipping if it helps.

G

·
txvtx1300 said:
Uh....... Ricstir.......you lost?
Did you wander into the wrong thread?

JPfeiffer
Glad you are ok......if the insurance thing does not work out I have a few of those parts for the cost of shipping if it helps.
DOH!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Sorry to hear about your "incident" and glad that you and the bike are relatively unscathed.

Just had an 18 year old (high school senior) killed while riding his bike the other night here in Cincinnati, lady ran a stop sign! :evil:

Get the bike fixed and see you in Marysville :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Glad you made it out ok.. :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK. I know you have a 1300, but I think the brake lever is the same as the 1800. If so, I have both the stock and Kury chrome levers available (I had a left side wreck). Just send me a PM and it's yours for free.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you all!!!

The parts that need to be replaced are actually in good condition, except the crash bar which is bent. However, anything that got a tiny scratch is covered. The exhaust and bags are in very good condition considering BUT the insurance company may take the old parts for their salvage bin. If I can somehow get the parts back I'll let you all know, received a few PM's ;)

Thank again...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts