Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was hoping someone could help me find what looks to be the 3rd hose part number involved with the Vacuum hoses leading to
the Petcock. I've identified #7 & #8 but cant find the part number for the hose that connects to the other end of the T-Joint (#11). It indicates it leads to F-20 but
when i look at F20 there is no hose shown. is it # 36 (BULK HOSE, FUEL (3.5X3000) (3.5X120) )???
Must be part #36 on the carb explosion.. says fuel hose but probably both (vacuum)?

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
#36 is the hose.
#37 are the little clamps. ( 2 pcs )

fyi.... on the 1800 the small hoses are not correct.. aka wax valve hoses.
maybe the 1300 are. maybe not.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Do you still have the PAIR system hooked up on your bike???

Part # 6 on the FUEL TANK fiche is simply a 3.5mm x 300 mm(12 inches) vacuum hose. If the PAIR system has been removed, this should be enough hose to replace your entire system. That third hose, if your PAIR is removed, goes from the Air cutoff valve to the "Tee" (part #11). Part # 7 hose goes from Tee to manifold, and of course part #8 hose goes to petcock. Hope this helps

·
Registered
226 Posts
Part #36 is the 3.5 mm vacuum hose needed, however you will get a 12 foot roll of it!!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Do you still have the PAIR system hooked up on your bike???

Part # 6 on the FUEL TANK fiche is simply a 3.5mm x 300 mm(12 inches) vacuum hose. If the PAIR system has been removed, this should be enough hose to replace your entire system. That third hose, if your PAIR is removed, goes from the Air cutoff valve to the "Tee" (part #11). Part # 7 hose goes from Tee to manifold, and of course part #8 hose goes to petcock. Hope this helps
My bike is Stock. thanks

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With a Stock bike

Red indicates where vacuum hose #7 (from T-Joint) connects to.
Green indicates where hose #36 (from Carb) connects to the T-joint (headed for petcock).

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
on the 1800, what do you mean by "not correct" exactly? Totally different parts than old parts?
they are the wrong size diameter and length . both of them.. for the 1800.
much to large ..
I have both still in the Honda bags.. never opened... looks like they belong to a car... maybe PVC hoses.
yes, correct part numbers... wrong parts.. from different suppliers on-line ..

·
Registered
226 Posts
With a Stock bike

Red indicates where vacuum hose #7 (from T-Joint) connects to.
Green indicates where hose #36 (from Carb) connects to the T-joint (headed for petcock).
View attachment 170125
Carb cleaning 101 step #9 disconnect vacuum hose from the carburetor, part # 14, Air cutoff valve, green arrow
step #16, 17 & 18 remove carburetor heater from body red arrow

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Carb cleaning 101 step #9 disconnect vacuum hose from the carburetor, part # 14, Air cutoff valve, green arrow
step #16, 17 & 18 remove carburetor heater from body red arrow
Nice pics on that carb cleaning thread thanks. Plus, i'll have the existing vacuum hoses showing me the way as well.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Can all those hoses be taken off with just the fuel tank off? Or will i need to remove the air box too?
My guess is Air box removal...
Yes, air box removal required

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Picture i last posted does raise some question. There are what looks to be two T-joints leading from #36 hose (seen disconnected from the Valve-set, air cut. Only one T-joint is mentioned in the Fuel tank exploded parts view, there in no reference to more T-Joints on the Carb exploded view.

pulse secondary air injection (PAIR) (emission controls)
There must be additional tubing (and T-Joint) to connect the PAIR valve system (reed valves on cylinder head covers) which is not indicated/shown in the parts breakdown?
The service manual mentions the PAIR system in a separate section but doesn't seem to detail where every connection of it leads to.

As mentioned, when you buy the #36 hose/tubing, it comes in a long length (12 foot roll?).

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yes, you do remove a "T" when doing the PAIR valve system removal:

Click link for writup:

You take the long hose here, and go direct from the Carb to the T-fitting by the petcock. So in the picture above, the short 2 hoses AND the T are removed from the system.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I saved the assembly and keep it in the saddle bag. Hoses still in good shape.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts