Honda VTX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I had the tank off for a coolant change, and waiting on a few parts.
Out of boredom decided to research the Pair mod, and had the plates also.
It was pretty easy to do and was in no hurry. But probably would not have removed the tank just for the P mod.
Combined it with the other items.
Do you have aftermarket exhaust? Or OEM exhaust?

·
Registered
152 Posts
OEM exhaust.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I had the tank off for a coolant change, and waiting on a few parts.
Out of boredom decided to research the Pair mod, and had the plates also.
It was pretty easy to do and was in no hurry. But probably would not have removed the tank just for the P mod.
Combined it with the other items.
When did you do this?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Worked on it couple months Jan, Feb:
Coolant change
Pair Mod
Turn Signal, Starter Switch cleaning
Daymaker Headlight
Few Chrome items I had sitting around.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Worked on it couple months Jan, Feb:
Coolant change
Pair Mod
Turn Signal, Starter Switch cleaning
Daymaker Headlight
Few Chrome items I had sitting around.
Did you replace the remaining vacuum line after doing the Pair mod? If so, what vacuum hose part number did you use?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I replaced the short vacuum line from the Petcock to the first T.
But that was not required for the P mod, it just has more wear on it from removing the tank.
The fuel line off the petcock was split and replaced it.
All the original vacuum lines were good, and you end up with extra when complete.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I replaced the short vacuum line from the Petcock to the first T.
But that was not required for the P mod, it just has more wear on it from removing the tank.
The fuel line off the petcock was split and replaced it.
All the original vacuum lines were good, and you end up with extra when complete.
Yeah it's "extra" but it's old. I am going to replace it all. did the vacuum line from the Pair look like the rest of the tubing (excluding the two formed hoses, of course)? Because on the parts breakdown there is "Fuel Hose" coming off the carb
that ties into the line, and it's Vacuum hose coming off the Pair, Two different part numbers and descriptions yet the same I.D.

It appears on paper that i could just buy on length of the "Fuel line" (not to be confused with the main fuel hose) coming off the carb's little Air-injector. I figure fuel line can only be better.

Do you have clue what i am talking about??? LOL

here's a pic:

# 1 This tube is described as Fuel tubing
# 2 This is not specifically indicted in parts list
# 3 This is described as Vacuum tubing (The part you removed and called "Extra")

My question is should I just by the Fuel type hose to replace 1, 2 and 3 with it rather than having to buy bulk of Two type hoses. ???????????????????????????

Trying to save $10 and not have tons of tubing left over.

I'd appreciate some input from people on this.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
See my previous post in this thread, post #4 and look at this: Honda Motorcycle 2007 OEM Parts Diagram for Fuel Tank | Partzilla.com
$2.34 to replace all vacuum lines on a desmogged 1300, that is what I ordered and had a little left over
Who's talking about desmogged?????????? I'm asking what tubing to use to replace it all as OEM.
The tubing you are talking about is used for the Tank vent tubing.

What i want is a PART NUMBER for bulk tubing that will be enough tubing to do it all KEEPING the Pair. There is "Fuel" tubing and "Vacuum" tubing being called out in the parts list of the Vacuum line, two different types of tubing with the same inside diameter.
(NOT talking about the two formed pieces).

# 1 This tube is described as Fuel tubing (3.5mm ID) on parts list.
# 2 This is not specifically indicted in parts list
# 3 This is described as Vacuum tubing (3.5mm ID) on parts list.

My question is should I just by the Fuel type hose to replace 1, 2 and 3
rather than having to buy bulk of Two different types of tubing. ???????????????????????????

Trying to save $10 and not have tons of tubing left over.

I'd appreciate some input from people on this.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Part #36 connects to the ACV, #1 in your drawing: Honda Motorcycle 2007 OEM Parts Diagram for Carburetor | Partzilla.com
go to your local parts house and buy only as much vacuum tubing as you need, they sell it by the foot, it is all 3.5 mm vacuum tubing. 3.5mm = 9/64, doesn't have to be exact, just close, take a Tee with you and make sure it is a good fit, problem solved!! If you just have to have 3.5 mm tubing, maybe a motorcycle parts house or dealership can fix you up, give 'em a call and see if they have it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Part #36 connects to the ACV, #1 in your drawing: Honda Motorcycle 2007 OEM Parts Diagram for Carburetor | Partzilla.com
go to your local parts house and buy only as much vacuum tubing as you need, they sell it by the foot, it is all 3.5 mm vacuum tubing. 3.5mm = 9/64, doesn't have to be exact, just close, take a Tee with you and make sure it is a good fit, problem solved!! If you just have to have 3.5 mm tubing, maybe a motorcycle parts house or dealership can fix you up, give 'em a call and see if they have it.
Let's for the moment set-aside the notion of going to an auto parts store for 3.5 or 9/64 vacuum tubing.

With me the question may be "academic" at this point, an odd curiosity that irks me a bit that i would like to resolve in my head.
Okay

Yes, Part# 36 as you say. Which btw was identified/verified as tubing coming from the carb early on by Chuck in this thread. and i thank you for bringing this Part# back up. It's the crux of my question.
Part# 36 is BULK HOSE, FUEL (3.5X3000) (3.5X100) 95001-35003-60M

Can/should I use Part #36 to redo the entire vacuum line (Tube sections 1,2,3 in my drawing)? I believe the answer is yes and that you agree this would be a valid choice.

What i find odd though is the call-out for Vacuum hose on the Air Injection Control Valve Drawing/Parts list.
Please note Part #12
Part #12 is BULK HOSE, VACUUM (3.5X1000) (3.5X100) 95005-35001-20M
This to me appears to be the tubing for the vacuum hose #3 in my drawing, the extension from that 2nd T-joint up to the air control valve.

Wait for it... here it is...
Do you think these above parts (tubing) are made of the exact same tubing with just different part numbers and descriptions?????

Why would Honda call one the "Fuel Hose" and one "Vacuum hose" if they are the same type? To me Fuel hose means the hose is resistant to fuel and to leaks. Vacuum hose mean resistant to leaks (but not necessarily resistant to fuel).

I just think its odd, what do you think is the difference between these two hoses, if anything (besides Length)?????????

As it stands now I plan on buying/using Part# 36 is BULK HOSE, FUEL (3.5X3000) (3.5X100) 95001-35003-60M
to replace all sections of vacuum hose (1,2,3 in my drawing). I just want the blessing of an expert/s that this is ok.

Thanks 07Blackcherry for jumping in on this, it's helping.

·
Registered
240 Posts
OK. I understand your question now. I actually ordered part #36 couple of years ago, when it came in and I saw fuel on it, I assumed I had ordered the wrong thing and put it back in the box. This discussion reminded me and I finally found the unopened package of hose, it is black, feels softer than the other "vacuum" lines which are gray in color. None of these lines have fuel going through them, I cannot give you a definitive answer to your question. I would be glad to send you 3 feet of it if you would like, leaves me w/9ft, enough to do both of my bikes 4 times!!

Reactions: VTXArizona

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
OK. I understand your question now. I actually ordered part #36 couple of years ago, when it came in and I saw fuel on it, I assumed I had ordered the wrong thing and put it back in the box. This discussion reminded me and I finally found the unopened package of hose, it is black, feels softer than the other "vacuum" lines which are gray in color. None of these lines have fuel going through them, I cannot give you a definitive answer to your question. I would be glad to send you 3 feet of it if you would like, leaves me w/9ft, enough to do both of my bikes 4 times!!
So the tubes are indeed different, okay that's what i wanted to know.

Do you happen to remember if piece (section) #2 in my drawing was the softer #36 type hose or the Gray in color
stiffer Vacuum hose??? As originally configured on you bike. I want to replace it exactly how it was.

Because now i am thinking #1 is the softer fuel hose and #2 and #3 are the stiffer gray vacuum hose. Which means i buy both hoses and place accordingly.

Thank you so much for the offer of tubing but i have to order a bunch of other stuff like coolant and those two formed tubes, and clamps etc. So i am not going to ask you to go out during this pandemic, very cool of you though!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Getting to the bottom of this '04 1300S partial/incomplete desmog. The PAIR Control Valve & EVAN Canister had been completely removed. Hoses $15 & 16 had been left behind not connected to anything. Those I've set aside.
IMG_0894.JPG

·
Registered
917 Posts
The EVAP Canister purge valve & EVAP CAV Control Valve were left in place with the larger hoses connected to the respective parts of the carb. The longer 10 hoses from each weren't connected to anything. And the other large hose from the EVAP Canister purge valve to the EVAP canister was removed.

·
Registered
917 Posts
The hose from the air-cut of valve was routed directly to the intake manifold & fuel petcock.

·
Registered
917 Posts
So, here's my final jeopardy question.

If the job of the EVAP canister purge valve is to draw fuel vapor from the EVAP canister and that has been removed can I not take the EVAP CPV off? From what I see in the service manual, the 49 state carbs have a hose running from that same port thru the hole in the carb housing.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Follow up final question: if the purpose of the EVAP CAV control valve is to draw in to carb thru the valve, but again the EVAP canister is gone, can that port in the carb be capped. I'm assuming the carb is breathing through the other port.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts