Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're looking for some GREAT Ohio roads, check on 78 from Glouster to McConnelsville, McConnelsville to Caldwell, and then 564/145/530 to Lowell. 78 has some patching between Glouster and McConnelsville but the twisties make it worth it. And then, 78 is freshly-paved from the Big Muskie Bucket to Caldwell. We hit a couple of spots with gravel but nothing terrible.

564 is one of the best roads I've found in Ohio. It has lotsa twisties, is in good condition, is very scenic, and has very few driveways and entrance roads. 530 is also a nice road through farm country with some challenging turns.

Also, check out the Blue Bell Diner in downtown McConnelsville for some good down-home eating and great atmosphere. We put on 220 miles today through these roads and I will DEFINITELY go back. If anyone wants to ride, drop me a PM.

Ohio Ride - Glouster to Lowell.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
9,267 Posts
check out Ohio route 9... between Salem (route 45) and Cadiz (22 and 250)..... its a fun route...about 1 hour away... just be careful.. a few of the small towns... are speed traps.. but out side of towns.. is loads of Fun.

then 250 south from Cadiz to the Ohio river. also look at route 26 and lower 800...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good subject,
Best advise is to pick up any number of books highlighting the old state routes here in Ohio... there are a ton of them. I live near Kent State Univ., so in the N.E. part of Ohio (east & west) you have route 303, route 82, Route 88 and Route 6. Some of my favorite north & south are rt. 91, 43, 44 and further east rt. 45 and rt. 7 are some of the best routes this side of the state.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Did a run with two friends of mine in mid/late September this year. We all live up near Stow/Kent area so from there we headed down I77 S, got off in Bolivar, through Beach city where we picked up Rt. 93 heading south. Take that all the way into Zanesville where you pick up Rt.555 heading south.

This was my 3rd time riding Rt.555, my two friends have never been on it, certainly a "must ride" if you live anywhere near this area.

We road Rt.555 all the way to Rt.7 than into Marietta where we spent the night. Started out the next day on Rt.26 north - through the Wayne National Forest until we connected with Rt.800 north. Once we hit I77 north we just jumped on the highway and headed home.

Round trip miles were around 400. Just some beautiful country, plenty of twisties through many small towns - the kind of ride where you just kick it down a gear, flip up your face shield, breath in the fresh air and leave you cares & worries about 50 miles behind you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts