Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
How do they not get that this further divides the races instead of unifying them. They're going the wrong way!

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
Clearly, I am not remotely ‘woke’. I was totally unaware that there was such a thing as a Black National Anthem. Come to think of it..... I’d just as soon stay that way.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
How do they not get that this further divides the races instead of unifying them. They're going the wrong way!
Do you honestly think this has anything to do with bringing races together?
This is about getting blacks to vote for poverty and slavery again, oops, the democrats.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I really don't give a crap what they do. I don't watch any sports and never will again.They can next play the Russian National Anthem or the Cuban. LOSERS!!!!
I DO give a crap what they do ! But, I wont watch any pro sports if they start this bullshit. I wont even watch college sports if they do it there. They have even started to tell UK that they have to remove all reference to Adolf Rupp including Rupp Arena!

Reactions: RBS and rangers4u

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Was Rupp a Confederate General or did he just own slaves?
"Adolph Rupp coached the Kentucky Wildcats from 1930 to 1972. During that time, he won an unprecedented 876 victories, winning four national championships, twenty-seven SEC championships (82.2% winning) and turning Kentucky into one of the greatest collegiate basketball programs of all time."

Clearly a significant figure in black oppression throughout the nation.

Apparently the first black person on the Wildcats team wasn't until 1972 under new coaching. That black student became the first black person to graduate from UK. My guess is that Rupp was such a racist he never gave a black person a chance and therefore must be erased from any and all mention as a significant figure in the history of UK.

Another case of racism looking for a racist. They just can't leave it be ... and likely they will have their way on this ... like everything else. There is entirely too much bending to demands. This will end poorly for everyone IMO.

Reactions: estr bunny

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Do you honestly think this has anything to do with bringing races together?
This is about getting blacks to vote for poverty and slavery again, oops, the democrats.
They should be careful what they wish for. They might just get it ... and I, for one, am past feeling bad for them.

·
Registered
10,572 Posts
LOL. Perhaps my sarcasm was lost on our Canuck buddy. Anyone with even the most minimal knowledge of the SEC is familiar with Coach Rupp. And if UK is truly going to dishonor his memory by changing the name of Rupp Arena, the entire fan base should revolt.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
LOL. Perhaps my sarcasm was lost on our Canuck buddy. Anyone with even the most minimal knowledge of the SEC is familiar with Coach Rupp. And if UK is truly going to dishonor his memory by changing the name of Rupp Arena, the entire fan base should revolt.
Yup ... missed it. Sorry, my bad:whistle:
At least you got a laugh out of it. If not clued in, I am at least good for comic relief.:)
In my defense, very few people up here have a clue who Rupp was. I learned about him in middle school ... basketball program.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Yup ... missed it. Sorry, my bad:whistle:
At least you got a laugh out of it. If not clued in, I am at least good for comic relief.:)
In my defense, very few people up here have a clue who Rupp was. I learned about him in middle school ... basketball program.
our Canuck buddy. Anyone with even the most minimal knowledge of the SEC
Hey, you're our Canuck buddy......and you don't have even the most minimal knowledge??

Now I know (who Rupp is} and I feel so relieved.:cool::giggle:

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Hey, you're our Canuck buddy......and you don't have even the most minimal knowledge??

Now I know (who Rupp is} and I feel so relieved.:cool::giggle:
I know right?!
Now you're not ignorant.
See what I did there? :D

·
Registered
887 Posts
My feelings exactly DUD ! Rupp tried to recruit Wes Unseld and others back in the 60s but felt it would be unsafe for road trips in the south. There were no black players in the SEC at the time.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I hope it's 'Covid-Cancelled'. Along with the NBA joke.

Reactions: Capt. Rory
1 - 16 of 16 Posts