Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

My wife and I are coming to stay in San Francisco in the next couple of weeks and need some advice.

We are thinking of booking in to a Hotel at 580 Geary Street called the Hotel Califonia. Now we are a little concerned about what the neighbourhood is like. Is it a nice area, can we walk out to get a meal at night and will we have any dramas coming home the same way.

Guys, I'm sorry if it seems I'm little hesitant but I know very little about your neck of the woods and because I've heard so many stories I ask your advice.

We would also love to meet some of the people I "know" from the VTXoA boards so if it's possible please let me know.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Boy Racer
I'm heading over to the states next week with the family
Will be looking around LA for 2 days, Orlando & Miami for a week & half, then San Fran for 2 days
I'm hoping to check out some good bike stores to buy a new leather jacket
Do you have any tips
Toolie

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Toolie,

Mate we just loved San Francisco. Watch the pan handlers around the Wharf district tho. They're good in action. They'll have $10 or $20 out of your wallet quicker than a goose fart.
Alcatraz is brilliant so do that if you can and the Wharf is good but the whole place is just brilliant. Dr Dudley's Harley shop is good. We went to the branch at the wharf and then made the trek to San Bruno to the "big" shop whrere all the bikes are. Worth it just to have a look.
Enjoy the trip mate it'll open your eyes as to how the other half live. Different world and I mean that with no disrespect. It's just different to the world in which we live here. People are generally brilliant and if the law takes an interest in your driving speed, talk as much Aussie as you can get in. It got me off a ticket for 60mph in a 45 zone.
Dooley's Irish Pub is a great spot for dinner and lunch. It's a bit cheaper than almost everywhere else and the beer is good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts