Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.

Im a new owner of a VTX1300 and Im gathering information in getting new pipes.

I've made the decision to get the Vance & Hines BigShots.

Now Im confused in regards to the "chip download".

I was told firstly that I would need to get it in order to get the sound I want out of it. Then I was told this morning that the "chip download" is only to enhance the performance of the bike. My question is, Do I really need the chip right now since all I want at the moment is the sound to be there. Vance & Hines suggested the "Power Commander" to get the best performance. But if I don't need it right now I don't want to spend the $400 it cost to get it. Any help is appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

rubber side down, chrome side up!

Danny

·
Registered
456 Posts
Power commander ?? Chip ?? Map downloads...

Our bikes are not Fuel injected so this is not applicable to our bikes.

New pipes on a carburated bike means you'll have to rejet.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Orange Beast said:
What do you mean by carbourated?
What do you mean, what do you mean. The 1300 has a carbourator not fuel injection. The chip would be for a fuel injected bike like the 1800, you have a 1300 = carbourator = no chip. Simple

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
JerseyDevil said:
Power commander ?? Chip ?? Map downloads...

Our bikes are not Fuel injected so this is not applicable to our bikes.

New pipes on a carburated bike means you'll have to rejet.
Might not have to, unless he's changing the intake at the same time, but didn't mention that, just pipes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
DUDE YOU NEED TO REJET. YOUR BIKE IS CARBOURATED. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A POWER COMANDER FOR YOUR BIKE THAT IS FOR FUEL INJECTED BIKES :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep in mind I'm totally clueless about things right now so bare with me....

what do you mean by Rejet??

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Orange Beast said:
Ok.

Im a new owner of a VTX1300 and Im gathering information in getting new pipes.

I've made the decision to get the Vance & Hines BigShots.

Now Im confused in regards to the "chip download".

I was told firstly that I would need to get it in order to get the sound I want out of it. Then I was told this morning that the "chip download" is only to enhance the performance of the bike. My question is, Do I really need the chip right now since all I want at the moment is the sound to be there. Vance & Hines suggested the "Power Commander" to get the best performance. But if I don't need it right now I don't want to spend the $400 it cost to get it. Any help is appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

rubber side down, chrome side up!

Danny
Orange Beast dude. Welcome to the Electronic here. Keep asking those questions, for each one who asks there's 100 who learn. It took me a few weeks to figure out I didn't need to worry about owning a Power Commander or PCIII or any of the fancy fuel injection money toys.

Usually when one changes only pipes there is no need to rejet, lots of members can jump on this thread and sign off on this.
As Always Peaceful Cruisin'
BLACK POWER
:tools1:

·
Registered
289 Posts
SWEET BIKE GUMBO. WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT? I SAW IT ON EBAY ONCE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts