Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend sent this to me. It made me realize just how much the mainstream media is controlling this Country. If things like this were put out there for ALL to see we would not be in this mess.

Better watch it quick before it's pulled. It's only 57 poignant and amazing seconds long.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
A rant based on extreme generalizations, over-dramatizing, misunderstandings, and black and white thinking.

Who can take anyone serious when they only way the can make a point is exaggerate the truth with extremes. This young woman is overly concerned with what people think or how they may judge her in the guise of wanting to do the right thing. People of conviction do the right thing without whining about what somebody may think of them or how they'll be judged. They fly a flag if they have convictions to do so, etc.

Simply calling something "Bullshit" doesn't make it so unless it's said in an echo chamber filled with like minded others who never challenge a sentiment that reinforces a beloved bias.

This woman may as well have said, "I'm tired of my thinking being challenged because I'm always right!"

Sorry, but nobody is always right.

·
Registered
206 Posts
A rant based on extreme
Simply calling something "Bullshit" doesn't make it so
Sorry, but nobody is always right.
House O' Pain,

You did the same thing when the harry christmas troll posted up his anti-God rhetoric a couple of months ago. You jumped on his 'bandwagon' because you saw another 'opportunity' to say what you have a propensity for saying, and for your troubles, you were offered to have something shoved up your butt or down your throat...I forget which.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
Well, it's not ALL bullshit, but to deny none of it is, is ... well simply a refusal to see what is obvious. She, like a lot of us, is simply fed up with the bullshit part of it. If HOP isn't, maybe they need to riot and burn down his neighborhood. Stop him and destroy his rebuilt truck. I'm sure the bullshit part of this will become all too visible at some point then.

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Struck a chord with me. As she was talking each point she brought up seemed to also bring a recent news article to mind.
And nobody can deny that the Leftist democrats and their media parnters are not only enabling protestors and rioters while simultaneously suppressing news pertaining to the views and situations of those adversely affected by their lawlessness. And to color each as the Left's agenda requires. Therefore I don't think she was exagerating or relying on extremes.
And she certainly didn't appear to be concerned with what others might think of her. Nor did she come across as whining. What's going on IS a load of BS. And it's all coming from the Left.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
A rational young lady!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
That's what I thought, and in the current woke climate, kinda gutsy.
I asked before, and didn't get any answer, but what is 'woke'? Somehow I missed class that day.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
I bet you this young lady also knows how to defend herself.
She must. She speaks an incredibly unpopular truth. It's great to see people get behind that. She, seems to me, to be a leader, not a follower. I wholly encourage that in our youngsters.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
I asked before, and didn't get any answer, but what is 'woke'? Somehow I missed class that day.
Websters defines it as;
: aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

Oxford as;
alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

It seems to have come to mean something, almost entirely different. It has come to mean following the social justice warrior movement, whether grounded to real injustice, or totally fabricated. Technically by the definition, one could be woke, and not agree regarding every racial injustice. One could be woke and not agree there is a wage gap. In today's f...ed up world, it means you are not woke if you base your awareness on facts only. It's almost exactly like the definition of racist / racism. In the past few years it has come to mean something entirely different than as defined by a dictionary. One can, in today's world, be racist by simply disagreeing with a racial injustice fabrication. Simply citing facts can make you racist ... unless you are a visible minority. Or, like the term "gender", the language has been bastardized to fit a narrative. It was done with such assertion, that few questioned it until it became common.

It's difficult to stay current with the bastardization of our primary language. I believe it's become acceptable through the dumbing down of our youth. One really need to stay with the tour, as it were, to stay caught up.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
OK, thanks! I could sort of get the gist of what was meant, but it's clearer now. Like I said I must've been dozing in class when that was discussed. And that was a Looooooooooooong time ago, LOL!

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Websters defines it as;
: aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

Oxford as;
alert to injustice in society, especially racism.

It seems to have come to mean something, almost entirely different. It has come to mean following the social justice warrior movement, whether grounded to real injustice, or totally fabricated. Technically by the definition, one could be woke, and not agree regarding every racial injustice. One could be woke and not agree there is a wage gap. In today's f...ed up world, it means you are not woke if you base your awareness on facts only. It's almost exactly like the definition of racist / racism. In the past few years it has come to mean something entirely different than as defined by a dictionary. One can, in today's world, be racist by simply disagreeing with a racial injustice fabrication. Simply citing facts can make you racist ... unless you are a visible minority. Or, like the term "gender", the language has been bastardized to fit a narrative. It was done with such assertion, that few questioned it until it became common.

It's difficult to stay current with the bastardization of our primary language. I believe it's become acceptable through the dumbing down of our youth. One really need to stay with the tour, as it were, to stay caught up.
Short answer is, woke = actual racist libtard crybaby.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Well, it's not ALL bullshit, but to deny none of it is, is ... well simply a refusal to see what is obvious. She, like a lot of us, is simply fed up with the bullshit part of it. If HOP isn't, maybe they need to riot and burn down his neighborhood. Stop him and destroy his rebuilt truck. I'm sure the bullshit part of this will become all too visible at some point then.
You apparently define bullshit differently than I. There is nothing 'BS' about physical violence—nobody is putting one over on anyone. The bullshit comes in heaps after the fact. When two sides have a fight about something, standing on the sideline stomping your foot that you're tired of the whole thing expresses a clueless ,selfish point of view that others real concerns are BS.

I don't think any of it is BS, even if one side is wrong in my opinion. Human passions are dangerous and ranting that one is tired of them is akin to yelling at a stampede of elephants because they are disturbing your 'tea time'.

There are two Bob Dylan songs that have lyrics that apply here. One is 'The Times They Are A Changin':

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
The battle outside ragin'
Will soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

Now, from Watching The River Flow (Bob Dylan);

People disagreeing on all just about everything, yeah
Makes you stop and all wonder why
Why only yesterday I saw somebody on the street
Who just couldn't help but cry
Oh, this ol' river keeps on rollin', though
No matter what gets in the way and which way the wind does blow
And as long as it does I'll just sit here
And watch the river flow

So if you think it's all BS, you can sit on the riverbank and watch the river flow, or you can lend a hand, or you can stand in the way and get knocked down, because the river keeps on flowin, no matter who gets in the way.

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
You apparently define bullshit differently than I. There is nothing 'BS' about physical violence—nobody is putting one over on anyone. The bullshit comes in heaps after the fact. When two sides have a fight about something, standing on the sideline stomping your foot that you're tired of the whole thing expresses a clueless ,selfish point of view that others real concerns are BS.

I don't think any of it is BS, even if one side is wrong in my opinion. Human passions are dangerous and ranting that one is tired of them is akin to yelling at a stampede of elephants because they are disturbing your 'tea time'.

There are two Bob Dylan songs that have lyrics that apply here. One is 'The Times They Are A Changin':

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
The battle outside ragin'
Will soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

Now, from Watching The River Flow (Bob Dylan);

People disagreeing on all just about everything, yeah
Makes you stop and all wonder why
Why only yesterday I saw somebody on the street
Who just couldn't help but cry
Oh, this ol' river keeps on rollin', though
No matter what gets in the way and which way the wind does blow
And as long as it does I'll just sit here
And watch the river flow

So if you think it's all BS, you can sit on the riverbank and watch the river flow, or you can lend a hand, or you can stand in the way and get knocked down, because the river keeps on flowin, no matter who gets in the way.
Oh, that's all very beautifully told, however, the lion's share of the whining has and is being done by those of who's bullshit we are sick of. Innocent people have lost their lives and livelihoods, because of the benefit of numbers, whilst law enforcement was hogtied. Politicians sat back and encouraged the violence and property damage. Have you jot been watching the news? Or do you only watch CNN. Summer of love my ass! It's bullshit. The message they wanted to convey is long since lost due to irrational and destructive behavior of those that wanted everyone to take notice.

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing. It's time people realized this is all bullshit and would rise to restore order.

I am truly shocked that you don't see the destructive behavior here, let alone calling it out as somehow selfish. Looting and rioting, burning buildings, this is not selfish? Once again, you choose the most irrational arguments to make your point ... which remains unmade. I don't give a rats ass what you think is selfish, if you can't see the order of things, and the absolute selfishness in the whole BLM movement as of late. Tells me you are blind and beyond reasoning with. Ergo, your opinion is too warped to be taken at all seriously.

Reactions: Capt. Rory and RBS

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Seems you want to paint all people who think Black Lives Matter as thugs, or sympathetic to them. This is a racist attitude. If you think all that is going on is that Blacks are whining or making up excuses to riot you are too warped to be taken seriously.

My take on the matter is that there are serious issues with police methodology and lack of accountability and unfortunately the people of color are most prone to falling victim to it. This problem has been ignored for such a long time I'm inspired to see huge protest against it.

You can choose to focus on the negative, or argue it's all BS, but I'm going to sit on my bank of sand and watch the river flow because it doesn't care who gets in the way.

PS, Don't preach to me about being idle while evil runs it course since All of America is guilty of this one and you're no exception.

Good men doing nothing is what all this rage of late is about

1 - 20 of 25 Posts