Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ditto to all that and everyone walked to school my first auto tape was a 4 track looked like a full size VCR mounted under the dash and didn't sound to good either. Wish I could go back and do it all again those were the days!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
first 8 track... with fast-forward...
mechanical reverb
add-on FM module
Factory AM radio.
Twin antenna's on the rear of the car.
6 Tail Lights on my 1965 Impala SS...
66 thunderbird turn signal sequencer

blue lights behind each wheel..
brake parts ( drums ) painted white. converted fronts to disc..

Crager wheels. deep dish on the rears.

409 with 2) 4bbl's... vortex mag distributor
4 speed, 4.11 gears.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
You guys are kids. I listened to radio before rock an roll and we used to sit around every night to stories of the Shadow,Amos and Andy and others. My first car was a used 1950 Chevy. Paid $50 for it and sold it for $50. First new car was a 64 1/2 Mustang. THAT"S OLD.

·
Registered
28,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember listening to my mom's record collection, 78 RPMs.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
The B & W tv's we had you always had to adjust the knobs to keep the pic from rolling. We got 2 local channels. We also had a multi-band tube type radio that had a wooden cabinet and was the size of a juke box.

·
Registered
28,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I remember the "milk man" delivering milk to the house in a truck kept cold with blocks of Ice.

I remember the Good Humor man, wearing a uniform.
I also remember, rotary phones, and the 1st 2 #s were actually letters...JAckson 6-8745.

·
Registered
28,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The B & W tv's we had you always had to adjust the knobs to keep the pic from rolling. We got 2 local channels. We also had a multi-band tube type radio that had a wooden cabinet and was the size of a juke box.

We also had 2 stations, plus another that was very fuzzy.
I think when "Cable" TV started, there were 10 or 12 stations.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
GArfield 1- 2323... a chain link fence company... TV commercial...

3 channels. ABC, CBS, NBC. 3,5,8... no UHF then.

all 3 stations signed-off at 11pm... back on at 5am.

Yes on the insulated milk box at front door... truck would bring milk every 2 days.

Bicycle Ice Hockey

boot sliding by hanging on to car bumper... going down a street. ( Winter )

·
Registered
604 Posts
Anyone 50 or older have seen a lot of technological and social changes in there lifetime. I still run into some old guys who don't know how to use a computer or a smartphone. They may have a flip phone. There lost in today's world. Everything now is done online with websites and email. No matter how old you are you must adapt to changes in a changing world. One thing I notice about the younger generation they don't save any money, if they want something they buy it now instant gratification. Where us older generations tend to be savers and planners with money.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I remember the first transistor radios. Carrying my radio to the beach and listening to music. Great times.

Reactions: RBS

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I remember waking up on winter mornings cold, to the sound of Dad in the basement shaking the "clunkers" out of the coal furnace before adding fresh coal, knowing it was going to get warmer!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I remember... delivering the morning paper.. pulling a wagon... at 4:00am..

( age 11 to 13 )

I had 2 routes.. = 4 city blocks

Cleveland Plain Dealer, Ohio...

even before the snow plows were out...

and NO Father.... after my age of 5..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts