Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
28,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Any Mitch Miller in that collection?

Mitch was in my Mom & Dad's collection, along with Johnny Mathis, Ray Charles, Paul Anka,
Frank Sinatra, The Mills Brothers, and a bunch more who's names I can't remember.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Mitch was in my Mom & Dad's collection, along with Johnny Mathis, Ray Charles, Paul Anka,
Frank Sinatra, The Mills Brothers, and a bunch more who's names I can't remember.
Wow, that's pretty much the same as my Mom & Dad. The Mills Brothers, that's the one I couldn't remember. Can't forget Herb Alpert. :thumbup:
Oh, and the polka selection. I remember my mom teaching me that, dancing in the living room, at 8 years old. It was fun!!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Heck...I'm so old, I remember being the 'remote control' for my grandparents B&W TV. Many times, I was the 'on & off' switch, too.:grin2:

Some of you's will be able to relate and know what I'm talking about.:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Heck...I'm so old, I remember being the 'remote control' for my grandparents B&W TV. Many times, I was the 'on & off' switch, too.:grin2:

Some of you's will be able to relate and know what I'm talking about.:thumbup:

remotes had a wire to the TV set... pre wireless. :)

·
Registered
6,956 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can relate - How things have changed

Here are a few of my oldest, and fondest memories

Dirt floor at Grandma and Grandpa's house

Hand pump for water

Up at the crack of dawn for chores

Learning to drive the hay truck at 6 years old, driving to school at 11

Going to school with gun's in the rack in the back window of the truck, shooting ducks and deer hunting until dark, and not worried that anyone would steal anything.

1st car was a 65 Impala, (not super sport, I'm jealous)

2nd Car was a 67 Camaro Super sport (not jealous :thumbup: :grin2: )

All night keggars :a13:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese. Man, those games were SO SLOW!!! I guess that is why I don't care for baseball to this day.

Joe T.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
I was in the same 6th grade class with Donna Douglas's son Danny ( aka Elly May Clampett ). She made the movie Frankie and Johnny with Elvis Presley 1966. She came to town and made an appearance at the theater on the premier night of the movie riding in Elvis's Cadillac convertible. A big deal for a small town in 1966.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I remember chain drive trucks,.......beat that !

Reactions: chuck_VTX F

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I remember chain drive trucks,.......beat that !

I worked on a FEW, back in the day....

Most had chain drive. The last manufacturer to make chain drive trucks was Cook brothers who offered it until 1964. They discontinued trucks at this time to concentrate on the Challenge Cook mixer because other truck manufacturers complained and threatened not to push the Challenge mixer

<< remember I volunteered at the Crawford Auto Museum, Cleveland Ohio >>
oldest car I rebuilt the engine of was a 1911 Maxwell..
late 1970's.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts