Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, you read that right. I am thinking about ruining it! Well, at least the looks. I have been thinking about it alot and I really want to be able to carry things while I am on it. I need some good looking bags for the back. I think I might even get a good windshield, something that I can take off though.

I really love the way the bike looks now. I LOVE the wind hitting my face too.

Oh boy.... :roll:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Sometimes cool or comfort can be a tough decision. :roll:

For the windshield you may want to look at the switchblade. It's on and off in seconds.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have been thinking about the Switchblade. Although they say its not available for the F, I am sure it is. If I do get a windshield, it will be one that can be taken off just like that.

As for bags, I am a stud kinda guy, as you can see from my seat and bibs. I will definitely want something with studs in it. Might even get a back seat and small sissy bar.

What the heck am I thinking! My poor F :shock:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
We've got a guy from the MN forum that has a really nicely done black cherry F model with a windshield and luggage rack. Can't remember if he has bags or not. Looks great even with that 'non F' stuff added. I forget his username right now though... Post this question in the MN section and he'll probably see it.

Rob

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
When I was there I liked the wind in my face as well. When I manuvered in2 my 40's I found a new appreciation 4 shields. Love watchin' the bugs splatter on somethin' besides me n love not having to hang on 2 fight the wind. Mo' power 2 ya brother.................

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I'm 52 and also love the wind in my face so no windshield on my X. Had a switch blade at one time but sold it when i changed handlebars. I do need bags and think they can look good if done right. But being old I also have a touring bike for long trips.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I also have a touring bike
That's cheatin'! I've got 35K on mine n it's been all shield. @ this stage I wouldn't have it any other way. Small Memphis Shade but enough.

@ least I'm not runnin' a 3'X4' sheet of bent plexiglass.

Not that there's anything wrong w/any1 that might resemble that remark.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
...shoulda' bought a Neo.... :idea:

You know, in my older age (I'm 34 :wink: ) I'm starting to find the use for some bags. I'm also weighing in for my next purchase, a bike that would serve as a "fast" bagger.
With that said, if I were to bag an F, the only way I could see doing it and actually looking halfway decent would be to go with the Corbin hard bags, or something like that.
It's tough because you buy an F for it's fast lines and sporty look...but then after a while the need to safely carry more than a pack of gum hits you :wink:

Whichever route you choose Philly, make sure you represent F ownership to the fullest :twisted: 8)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Big-Fokker said:

You know, in my older age (I'm 34 :wink: ) I'm starting to find the use for some bags. I'm also weighing in for my next purchase, a bike that would serve as a "fast" bagger.
With that said, if I were to bag an F, the only way I could see doing it and actually looking halfway decent would be to go with the Corbin hard bags, or something like that.
It's tough because you buy an F for it's fast lines and sporty look...but then after a while the need to safely carry more than a pack of gum hits you :wink:

Whichever route you choose Philly, make sure you represent F ownership to the fullest :twisted: 8)
Oh I can promise you.... You will still be able to see the F in my bike. But yeah, I should have gotten a NEO. I really like the NEO. Dealer didnt have any so I "settled" for the F.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yo Philly,

I ride with the shield and bags on my 1800C and it seems that they both always come in handy. Better to be with, than to be without when needed. :D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jele1800 said:
Yo Philly,

I ride with the shield and bags on my 1800C and it seems that they both always come in handy. Better to be with, than to be without when needed. :D
Thanks for the post and welcome to the boards!

Where ya from? You got pics?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an 06 1800F and I have the NC Switchblade installed. I keep the windshield around for longer rides. I also have the easy brackets on my saddlebags... that way I can slap them on whenever I might need them.

·
Registered
621 Posts
hey philly, I am with you, I also am looking for a way to bring stuff along without losing the lines of the F. Whichever route you chose to go, please post pics so the rest of us can see :) . I like the Hondaline windshield and some bags that look soft but aren't, know what I mean? I definitely think that quick release is the way to go.

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
PhillyAnt said:
Big-Fokker said:

Oh I can promise you.... You will still be able to see the F in my bike. But yeah, I should have gotten a NEO. I really like the NEO. Dealer didnt have any so I "settled" for the F.
Why don't you just put an N or undertaker fenders on it then it should be an easy swap. :wink:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
X'N said:
Why don't you just put an N or undertaker fenders on it then it should be an easy swap. :wink:
Because I need to do it myself and that just wont work lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts