Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have printed some info from this site for removing my pair valve about 6 months ago, and now I am ready to tackle this project, but, upon studying the illustrated instructions I have, it seems I need to buy a Sherms Cycle coaster. I have tried to find the web site but it keeps coming up site not found. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I would rather deal with HDL anyway, but I was going off my instructions I have for sherms coaster. Iam ordering tonight.Another question, I know removing the pair valve will reduce backfire, but will it benefit anything else, like that "blatty" noise on decel? I have cobra slip ons, and soon getting an air box kit (haven't decided what kind yet though). thanks again

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
ckemery said:
Thanks, I would rather deal with HDL anyway, but I was going off my instructions I have for sherms coaster. Iam ordering tonight.Another question, I know removing the pair valve will reduce backfire, but will it benefit anything else, like that "blatty" noise on decel? I have cobra slip ons, and soon getting an air box kit (haven't decided what kind yet though). thanks again
It SHOULD help with the sound you are talking about,it did on mine & on one of my riding buddys Vulcan 1600....... :D Rod

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks rods X, I live in Walland TN, near townsend. do you ride in this area much? (foothills pkwy, deals gap)? Iam sure we'll meet sometime this summer.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
ckemery said:
thanks rods X, I live in Walland TN, near townsend. do you ride in this area much? (foothills pkwy, deals gap)? Iam sure we'll meet sometime this summer.

YEP I sure do,we like to ride the Gap at leat one a month! We sure are lucky to have all these GREAT roads :D If you run in to any problems with the pair removal give me a yell! I removed mine & installed V&H bigshots,rejetted & a bunch of other stuff this winter,I learned a lot about these bikes,hope to meet you on the road :!: ............... :D Rod

Going thru the Gap last fall,my bike sure looks different now!......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts