Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting large Kury bullet lights on the front of my 1300c.
I am using this website for the installation instructions

http://www.rattlebars.com/mtz/foglites.html

but I can not find a nice on-off-on switch w/ 3 male prongs on the back.
I really don't want a toggle switch I want more like a rocker type switch.
Any ideas? I checked Radio Shack but no luck
Thanks
Kirk

·
Registered
296 Posts
driving light switch

www.cyclegadgets.com
Hooks up to headlight wire, cycles the driving lights on/off when you switch headlight from high to low or low to high beam. Small relay and wiring fits in headlight bucket and has a small LED to indicate when driving lights are on. Costs around $20.00 plus shipping. Go to lighting, scroll down page to Auto Switch Driving Light Control. 8)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: driving light switch

Nice set up. Are you useing this set up? Will I need to use a relay still?
I have always wired my driving lights on my 4x4 using relays and liked the idea using them on the VTX too.
I will call them in the morning to ask about it

Sideways said:
www.cyclegadgets.com
Hooks up to headlight wire, cycles the driving lights on/off when you switch headlight from high to low or low to high beam. Small relay and wiring fits in headlight bucket and has a small LED to indicate when driving lights are on. Costs around $20.00 plus shipping. Go to lighting, scroll down page to Auto Switch Driving Light Control. 8)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Switch

I use the AS-5P model (single press, positive trigger model) with the included solid state relay. You will still need to use a heavy duty relay for the driving lights. I use mine to control two sets of Kury Silver bullet halogen lights (one large 35 watt and one small 20 watt on each side). The extra 110 watts really lights up the road at night. The included solid state really is for the control function of the switch only and your second heavy duty relay is for the amperage draw of the halogens. They make a second model, the AS-5P2, two press style that will control two sets of lights independently of each other, but I have no experience with it. The single press solid state unit holds up to the amperage load of my lights with no problems because the bulk of the current flows thru the second heavy duty relay and the solid state relay is just the trigger for the second relay. HDL also offers a new dual switch by Big Bike Parts that mounts on the handlebars by the clutch lever that looks real nice and works well on the 1300. It looks to be a bit harder to mount on an 1800 due to the hydraulic clutch setup. Part number is BIG-13207 and sells for $77.00. 8)

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
I got a small rocker switch at auto zone its round and I just drilled a hole in the top of the side cover and it works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts