Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why ride a bike? Riding is something the vast majority don't need to do, but instead feel constrained to—for a wide assortment of reasons going from enthusiasm to common sense. Here are a couple of those reasons.

For its Thrill
A most particular aspect regarding riding is that nothing feels very much like a bike; the rush of being at one with a two-wheeled machine that gauges just two or three hundred pounds is perhaps the most perfect approaches to get from indicate A B, and the dangers include some of the time even increase that satisfaction.

However, you shouldn’t be riding a bike a high speeds without quality best motorcycle protective gear like Kevlar motorcycle gloves, fully lined kevlar jeans or shirts.

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
first.. it's a 2 wheeled horse.

like a horse... you learn to fall off without injury...

but I do wear a helmet..
51 years and 400,000 motorcycle miles. I am alive and walking.. riding, driving. retired..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first.. it's a 2 wheeled horse.

like a horse... you learn to fall off without injury...

but I do wear a helmet..
51 years and 400,000 motorcycle miles. I am alive and walking.. riding, driving. retired..
but now Covid-19 all over the world and safety measure so what is your activity now a days?

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Whats your point? Trying to stir the pot? Most on here will ride when they can, how they can, and don't need your nanny attitude about life in the CV 19 'era' or lecturing about OUR riding PPE.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats your point? Trying to stir the pot? Most on here will ride when they can, how they can, and don't need your nanny attitude about life in the CV 19 'era' or lecturing about OUR riding PPE.
why you act like a order, i am just asking about biker life during covid 19

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Sorry, your wording made it sound like it was YOU with some kind of axe to grind.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Unchanged. Ride when the mood strikes me and the weather cooperates. NC might have issued stay-at-home orders, but so what? There are plenty of exemptions and excuses one can use to justify doing whatever you want. At least that’s been my experience.

On top of that, NC started phased reopening of businesses last Friday, so the uptick in traffic has been very noticeable this week.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Fair enough. Here are a couple personal points. I grew up with a couple gearhead friends. We all had semi-nice hotrods as they were referred to in the late '60's. Then a couple of them decided they wanted motorcycles, so as we were all of a like mind, soon the rest of us got motorcycles too. The rush of the wind in your face, the loud noise it made, the shiny chrome and painted finishes, the fact that girls liked the 'bad boy' image of a biker. They were cheaper transportation than the cars, which it seemed we were always doing either maintenance on, or tinkering to make them faster or louder or customized. If you wanted it was cheaper to do things to the bikes than the cars. It was nice to ride the bikes for the better part, but when it got cold or inclement weather we had our cars to fall back on. Those are some of my experiences, hope it helps.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
I have been riding all thru this virus....

I ride for my mental well being.. Doctor OKed it. ( brown bag lunch )

going riding tomorrow.... maybe 200 miles. this time our little group. (4)

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
I forgot to add, when riding a motorcycle, you can't help but practice "social distancing", LOL!

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
Full face helmet ..... leather gloves... cycle boots... jacket... what more is needed :) OOK,, pants also.

weather permitting.. I ride once a week... every week..
south Texas, that's 12 months a year.

·
Premium Member
6,801 Posts
YOLO Chuck. Enjoy life while you can. BTW, how's your wife. Been thinking about y'all.

Reactions: chuck_VTX F

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
YOLO Chuck. Enjoy life while you can. BTW, how's your wife. Been thinking about y'all.
Thanks Man..

wife goes back under Monday... New tumor on a bleeding ulcer.. semi-blocking her esophagus ( Yes, I had to look up how to spell this )

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Premium Member
6,801 Posts
Thanks Man..

wife goes back under Monday... New tumor on a bleeding ulcer.. semi-blocking her esophagus ( Yes, I had to look up how to spell this )
Damn man! Hoping it's an easy one for her. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Full face helmet ..... leather gloves... cycle boots... jacket... what more is needed :) OOK,, pants also.

weather permitting.. I ride once a week... every week..
south Texas, that's 12 months a year.
you also need a face mask due to covid-19 and you need Kevlar base gloves, pants jackets, do you have all these ?

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
^^^LOL. Trying to steer the thread back into a sales pitch. Nope, sorry; we’ve already hijacked it, and the much more important topic is how Chuck’s wife is doing.

Keep us updated, Chuck. Prayers and best wishes sent your way.

·
Registered
9,691 Posts
^^^LOL. Trying to steer the thread back into a sales pitch. Nope, sorry; we’ve already hijacked it, and the much more important topic is how Chuck’s wife is doing.

Keep us updated, Chuck. Prayers and best wishes sent your way.
Thank you Sir. she is on soft food.. waiting for Monday. she is NOT happy.

Reactions: rangers4u
1 - 20 of 30 Posts