Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was changing my indicator lights on vtx 1800 f. After wiring I tested all lights and they all worked. I had to redo a connection because my wire nut was loose. Like a dummy I forgot to turn the battery back off and let the wire touch a metal surface of bike. Heard a buzz and realized I was an idiot. Now none of the lights work. I checked all fuses and they are all good. What do I do now?

·
Registered
12,756 Posts
Indicator lights(leds) on the 1800F, so were you replacing leds on the board??
Turn signal indicators??
More info needed..
Turn signals have a separate 5 amp fuse in a small (3-fuse box)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I got the bike it had a bullet fairing on front. The turn signal lights were attached. I took the fairing off and took the lights off the fairing. Then I was mounting the lights back to the front forks. At one point when I had all wires connected and turned on the battery, everything worked as should. Then I realized my wire connection needed to be better (connection to front turn signals). Without thinking I went right to fixing that connection without turning the battery off (eye roll). The hot wire touched forks and I heard a buzz. Immediately turned battery off and finished the wire connection. Turned battery back on and neither front or rear signals work or the indicator lights on speedometer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I got the bike it had a bullet fairing on front. The turn signal lights were attached. I took the fairing off and took the lights off the fairing. Then I was mounting the lights back to the front forks. At one point when I had all wires connected and turned on the battery, everything worked as should. Then I realized my wire connection needed to be better (connection to front turn signals). Without thinking I went right to fixing that connection without turning the battery off (eye roll). The hot wire touched forks and I heard a buzz. Immediately turned battery off and finished the wire connection. Turned battery back on and neither front or rear signals work or the indicator lights on speedometer.
[/Q
thanks!!! Got it working !! Much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts