Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of waiting for pipes to be manufactured, so I ordered some pipes for the VTX 1300C and put them on my Fury. I had to fabricate a bracket using the stock bracket and only a piece of the Cobra bracket. Cut the stock bracket off the stock pipes using a grinder and cut the connecting bracket to the Cobra pipes off the complete bracket system from Cobra. I only used the part of that bracket that actually connects to the pipes. Then we welded the 2 pieces together after fitting them to Fury. Tacked them together with them installed to the bike to make a fit, then finished the weld after I took them off the bike.. Looks good and sounds amazing. Took the slipout baffles out as well. Sounds really nice....

Pictures as follows:

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Any Mapping Needed fuel/air mixture ?

Just curious, do you think any mapping to fuel/air mixture will be needed?
I've not done anything since I put cobra pipes on my 1300 s, however it has a carb.
I don't imagine a power comander has been made yet for the Fury.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious, do you think any mapping to fuel/air mixture will be needed?
I've not done anything since I put cobra pipes on my 1300 s, however it has a carb.
I don't imagine a power comander has been made yet for the Fury.
Actually, the computer adjusted to the new pipes quite nicely. It purrs like a kitten...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Good Deal

Good Deal, glad the computer did it's thing.
By the way, the pipes look GREAT
So much better than stockers and I'm sure the sound is much better too

·
Registered
535 Posts
Now open up that air box for 7 more hp. Your bike is cool. Can't wait to hear one piped.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
SWEET! :thumbup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Me likey!!! It has been fun following your posts since you bought your bike. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, work, and pics. You are making me want a Fury more and more.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Me likey!!! It has been fun following your posts since you bought your bike. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, work, and pics. You are making me want a Fury more and more.
I just like to share my excitement and the things that can be done on the Fury, aftermarket parts are pretty scarce, but the VTX 1300C stuff seems to be working just fine...

:thumbup:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Awesome

I think those pipes look awesome! Great job thinking outside the box. I bet that does sound pretty sweet too!

Ride safe and often

·
Registered
364 Posts
I added Samson Slashers to my 05' 1300R. I want to add a set of Roadhouse Dooley's to my 1800R S3 but being water cooled I don't want to warp my valves because of lossing back pressure a PCIII is $300.00 and I don't have that much yet. I think changing my stock pipes will void my warranty also. I got a 06' new a couple months ago...

I like the look of your pipes and back rest :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts