Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, remember to drain the oil :oops: Count your washers that come with the kit.I had my bike tore down,and discovered one thin washer was missing...I custom made one,but it added an extra hour and a half to install time...This clutch is really good,hooks up solid,shifts smooth,and no trouble at all finding neutral...Highly recommend it..

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
That is good to hear. Someday I know who to call to install :D

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Did ya pull the exhaust by yaself? Just curious coz I have 1 that'll have to be installed 1 o' these days. Think I'll bust it open n count washers 4 now.

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nicksterdemus said:
Did ya pull the exhaust by yaself? Just curious coz I have 1 that'll have to be installed 1 o' these days. Think I'll bust it open n count washers 4 now.
I have not had to pull the exhaust ..I did the spring mod first about a year ago,and the clutch yesterday,and did not remove the exhaust either time..It is a pain getting some of the bolts out,but easier than taking the pipes off..The one bolt,on that little front cover, is very tight to get at,right behind the front pipe.I cut the bolt down,and used some industrial glue,to hold it place,and it does not bolt in to anything..That cover is ornamental anyway,and is very tight without that one bolt threaded and tightened down...no rattling,and the bolt head is there,so you cannot tell it's not functional...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'm too poor to pay attention. Should've noticed my stock C ain't quite the same. On the + side I did realize eventually. Mostly just wanted to read about the MTC clutch n suffered from old age mind wandering...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts