Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out of town yesterday and my son told me they arrived. As soon as I got home tonight I slapped them on and went for a ride.

What a difference. I love them. :pepper1:

I went with the 412 12.5 standard shocks. I also got the front springs but didn't install them yet.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The progressives are a great addition. When you get those front springs in, you will be in heaven. That thing will ride like its on rails.

·
Sith Lord
4,919 Posts
ims598 said:
The progressives are a great addition. When you get those front springs in, you will be in heaven. That thing will ride like its on rails.
+1 and one of the easiest upgrades that has some of the most return for the $$.

Now if Arkansas could just finish some of this construction I wouldn't be testing the new suspension out so hard.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
You think the back makes a difference. Wait till you put the front springs in WHOA NELLY! :shock:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Im new here, just did buy a VTX 1300 C ,can you explainme about the modification you are talking about ? thanks

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yep, the front progressives is a real difference maker. I put them on just before I sold my 1300. I rode the bike 30 miles to drop it off. Road was one wife and I ride often. I was so impressed by the handling of the bike. I have ones for my 1800 and as soon as I can get the tools for the job, I am installing them.

·
Registered
905 Posts
wassup8687 said:
Not sure when the fronts will get installed but hopefully soon. Is it difficult?
Nope, If you thought the rear was simple, the front is a breeze. If you just change the springs(not the oil) it will take you all of 10-15 min. If you decide to take each fork off the bike and change the oil too, it will take more time, but still pretty easy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is there a link on this site somewhere to show how to install them. I want to get them, but am worried they will be over my head to install. Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
I haven't got mine installed yet but as soon I my wrist heals, they will be going on. Can't wait to feel the difference. :a13:

Also, I bought my shocks and springs a few days before the HDL sale. When I got the email about the sale I sent a note to Chris at HDL to see if I could get the sale price difference refunded and they did! Those guys at HDL are great to work with. As a result of getting a refund, I ordered more stuff on sale!

Thanks HDL! :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
gildagu said:
Im new here, just did buy a VTX 1300 C ,can you explainme about the modification you are talking about ? thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
gildagu said:
gildagu said:
These guys are buying/installing aftermarket progressive suspension parts that will make the ride of the VTX better and will alleviate the dive you get when you brake hard. They can also be used to raise or lower the height of the bike. Go here to see the goods.

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/byProduct.asp?prd=Suspension&str=12&ID=49063399

·
Registered
905 Posts
warriorwagner said:
Is there a link on this site somewhere to show how to install them. I want to get them, but am worried they will be over my head to install. Thanks
The rear shocks or front springs?

Either way, it won't be over your head, both are very simple. There is a write up in the vtxoa garage site for changing the springs.

·
Registered
253 Posts
singlepin said:
gildagu said:
gildagu said:
These guys are buying/installing aftermarket progressive suspension parts that will make the ride of the VTX better and will alleviate the dive you get when you brake hard. They can also be used to raise or lower the height of the bike. Go here to see the goods.

http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/byProduct.asp?prd=Suspension&str=12&ID=49063399
Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts