Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock exhaust looked like it was slightly "rubber-mounted" at the connection bolts to the frame members. When I installed aftermarket mufflers, I did not use any rubber spacers or bushings. The connections are now direct, rigid conections to the frame members. My question is: if the motor is rubber mounted (which means it moves a little), will something eventually break at the exhaust header pipe bolts when the motor moves a little and the mufflers don't? Or is the engine movement so small, nothing will eventually break? 8)

·
Super Moderator
63,767 Posts
Good question, and has been brought up before with no definate yes/no answer given. BUT, seeing as the Vance&Hines have been on bikes for more than 3 years, as well as other systems that mount rigidly, and no one has posted that a header broke or exhaust stud snapped, I say it is not that big of a worry. 8)

·
Registered
617 Posts
PIPES

If I remebber corectly the vance and hines pipe use the factory mount in the back which IS an insulated rubber mount for vibration in the end...

·
Super Moderator
63,767 Posts
Re: PIPES

GITARDED said:
If I remebber corectly the vance and hines pipe use the factory mount in the back which IS an insulated rubber mount for vibration in the end...
No they don't, on a C anyway. V&H gives you a mount bracket made of steel, no rubber anywhere. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts