Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 VTX 1300C. I have the Honda saddlebags and bracket and just purchased the Honda brackets and standard low backrest. I don't see how these two could be mounted together unless I purchase longer bolts and additional spacers. I can't believe that Honda would sell these two products and that they would not go together nicely. You would think that people who put backrests on might likely want saddlebags as well. This all makes me think that I may be doing something wrong. Has anyone put both of these on their bike at the same time?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I ran into the same problem last week. I provided some feedback on what I thought about it through the stealer. I have the delux backreast and rear carrier. The only mounting system I know of is easy/ghost brackets.

Good luck

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Re: Installing Honda Saddlebag bracket & Backrest bracke

JonDevin said:
I have a 2004 VTX 1300C. I have the Honda saddlebags and bracket and just purchased the Honda brackets and standard low backrest. I don't see how these two could be mounted together unless I purchase longer bolts and additional spacers. I can't believe that Honda would sell these two products and that they would not go together nicely. You would think that people who put backrests on might likely want saddlebags as well. This all makes me think that I may be doing something wrong. Has anyone put both of these on their bike at the same time?
It's been a long time since I did it but it seems to me the longer bolts (extra hardware needed) came with the brackets.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
When I purchase the honda brackets they came with two sets of bolts, and spacers. I have no problems installing them with the backrest brackets and sizzy bar. :?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the bolts...

OK, i put on the saddlebags when I first got the bike over a year ago. I just got the backrest. I went back and found that the longer bolts and shorter spacers came with the backrest rather than the saddlebag brackets. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It all went together in minutes and looks great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Honda bags plus backrest.

I put it all on at the same time and was very confused with the two sets of directions and extra spacers and bolts. I think I spent three evenings, a trip to the dealer to see how someone else had them mounted and used up a whole year's supply of patience gertting them on. Glad it worked for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts