Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that insurance premiums vary by region, driver's age and other factors (credit score...). I have a specific example that I would like to get some input on:

I am about to renew my policy. Last year the bike was new so I got the works, including comprehensive, theft and fire, and higher liability(100/300/500 or so). This pacakge costs me $579/year.

Now the bike is one year old (replacement value will be probably about $6000 - $400 deductible), I hardly ever leave it unattended, so I am wondering whether I should change over to "liability only" which would cost less than $300, leaving the other $300 for chrome or other things - that can be stolen or destroyed? :D

What do you guys and gals think?

·
Registered
718 Posts
If money really isn't the factor here then in my opinion I would have full coverage. Better to be safe then sorry........ :wink:

You may not leave it unattended for long but 2 seconds is long enough.. :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
582 Posts
You need to reed this post of mine:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

Full coverage with $1000 ded. here in my area was $1900 annually

I heard from people on this board to check these guys out and guess what...$236 annually for max coverage with $250 ded's !! Im sold on em.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Just liability is tempting, for me it would only cost 125 a year.I've had too much stuff happen to my vehicles and others to go with it though. Just having another bike bang into in a parking lot at low low miles could cost thousands in repairs.Ain't nothing "cheap" on these things....

·
Registered
651 Posts
My bike is paid for, but I've got full coverage. It may seem like a waste to some, but $50 per month ain't that big of a deal to me. Especially if it gets stolen or , God forbid, I lay it down.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Liability only

I got way to many toys to pay for full cover- ten cars and streed rods. My X has liability only for $75.00 a year from Progressive. ic

·
Registered
794 Posts
$42 per year for just liability 100/300/100, with medical, $100 deductible comp and coll, additional equipment package and everything cost me about $400/yr but because I live where I can ice fish I only keep full coverage for about 7 months and just liability for 5 months (gotta keep the liability on all year to get the annual rate discount).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts