Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been calling around for ins. quotes on a 05 bike>
Question... They tell me that "Uninsured Motorist/underinsured motorist" coverage pays or helps pay ypur "Medical Bills" if your in an accident , but it does not cover repairs on your bike, that's covered be your comprehensive ins. , so if you have a very good medical plan through your work why would you need the "Uninsured Motorist ins" on your policy?
Probably a stupid question but i hope not?
Thanks

·
Registered
436 Posts
Wild guess

It could be that not evreyone has the medical coverage you have. Lots of people are also raising deductables to offset monthly cost of premiems. One of the plans in the group I'm in has a 5k out of pocket deductable.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If the other guy is at fault and uninsured **Bingo**, your insurance company will pay for your damage and go after him for you (legally).
The same for under insured, if your damage exceeds his coverage...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Zorba said:
Have been calling around for ins. quotes on a 05 bike>
Question... They tell me that "Uninsured Motorist/underinsured motorist" coverage pays or helps pay ypur "Medical Bills" if your in an accident , but it does not cover repairs on your bike, that's covered be your comprehensive ins. , so if you have a very good medical plan through your work why would you need the "Uninsured Motorist ins" on your policy?
Probably a stupid question but i hope not?
Thanks
your health insurance will not pay for your lost wages if unable to work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
insurance question

3 insurance companies said the "Uninsured Motorist ins" has nothing to do with bike repairs only "Medical" ! which was news to me !!
I have disabilty ins with my health coverage incase I'm laid up, 2/3 s of my pay tax free untill I get back to work, same as a 40 hr week check! A guy from our company was in a bad bike wreck 7 years ago and is still getting paid from it and just may collect the rest of his life!
I signed up for it after I learned the hard way and was out of work for a year with no income after crushing both my legs and had to learn how to walk again, and I was a single parent raising my daughter, ouch !
the "Lord " heard my prayers and all my bills were paid for one year buy non-realatives and even strangers !
He's Alive and listens !
Matthew 11:28

·
Registered
819 Posts
Re: insurance question

Zorba said:
3 insurance companies said the "Uninsured Motorist ins" has nothing to do with bike repairs only "Medical" ! which was news to me !!
I have disabilty ins with my health coverage incase I'm laid up, 2/3 s of my pay tax free untill I get back to work, same as a 40 hr week check! A guy from our company was in a bad bike wreck 7 years ago and is still getting paid from it and just may collect the rest of his life!
I signed up for it after I learned the hard way and was out of work for a year with no income after crushing both my legs and had to learn how to walk again, and I was a single parent raising my daughter, ouch !
the "Lord " heard my prayers and all my bills were paid for one year buy non-realatives and even strangers !
He's Alive and listens !
Matthew 11:28
unless you were at-fault in the accident, you should have been able to collect your lost wages from the other party's liability or your UM/UIM if he had no insurance or was underinsured...if his limits matched your limits, then there would be no recovery under UM/UIM.

there is also UMPD available in some states that would pay for your bike if the other party was at fault and had no insurance.

check with your states dept. of insurance for more details.

sorry you had such a nasty experience.... i can't imagine being off for that long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts