Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any great suggestions for the ultimate intercom for my 03 VTX 1800 R? I am undecided on wired in and helmet mounted but am looking for the ultimate one that allows me to listen to radio mostly(duplex) but answer phone without rider hearing conversation

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
After weeks of research, I just ordered the Scala rider G2 Multi Set. You might want to read up on them.
I went a little cheaper and bought their Team set and love it!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
intercom

:pepper1::pepper1::pepper1::pepper1:I just bought the bikercom and it is awesome. rider and passenger can each bluetooth cell phones in (two) and have private conversations each plus have intercom, cb radio, gps, radar, mp3 and one other device connected at the same time. Damned if I can think of another device I would want to connect but it has the place to connect the seventh device in and the best part, wait for it , wait for it, every thing comes to the driver and passenger through blue tooth wireless. Ow yeah, rider and passenger have seperate volume controls too.....:firstplace:

Here is a link if you want to check it out. http://www.openroad.com.tw/BikeComm/main.html

·
Registered
86 Posts
Kinda Pricey

:pepper1::pepper1::pepper1::pepper1:I just bought the bikercom and it is awesome. rider and passenger can each bluetooth cell phones in (two) and have private conversations each plus have intercom, cb radio, gps, radar, mp3 and one other device connected at the same time. Damned if I can think of another device I would want to connect but it has the place to connect the seventh device in and the best part, wait for it , wait for it, every thing comes to the driver and passenger through blue tooth wireless. Ow yeah, rider and passenger have seperate volume controls too.....:firstplace:

Here is a link if you want to check it out. http://www.openroad.com.tw/BikeComm/main.html
Kinda Pricey at $749

·
Registered
808 Posts
Best ratings tend to be for Autocom (UK) and Starcom1. I've also been looking for a while and I've never heard anyone with one of these who isn't completely satisfied (in fact they all seem to take the intercom with them when they sell their bikes). HTH.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I've been thinking about this for a couple years, was thinking J & M, but at around $1,000 for rider & passenger price has held me back. I want cb radio capability and intercom, don't want cell phone capability. Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I have the J&M integrator on my bike and my wife has the J&M CB on her bike. I dont like her system at all because the intercom is open mike all the time with no vox capability. To me it is way too annoying to constantly here the wind and background noise. If I had it to do all over again I would go with the Autocomm system on both bikes. Also the lower cords on J&M are cheap. I have been through three in three years. They dont cost much but sometimes finding a replacement on a road trip is difficult.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Best ratings tend to be for Autocom (UK) and Starcom1. I've also been looking for a while and I've never heard anyone with one of these who isn't completely satisfied (in fact they all seem to take the intercom with them when they sell their bikes). HTH.
Very true. Autocom has always been a premier and bullet-proof performer, and while you could search you'd be hard-pressed to find even a single complaint about them. I've had mine for four years now. It is the wired version which I prefer over the BT route. Both have their pros and cons but I give the edge to always-ready-to-go wired. However, I'm not sure how easy is is to obtain an Autocom anymore after the main US distributor, Top Gear (in NY) is no longer selling them. The nice thing is, after the pricey Baehrs, Autocoms, J&B, et al., there are now a good group of alternate choices. Just remember that largely you get what you pay for... Happy communicating and ENJOY no matter what you end up with. :D

·
Registered
824 Posts
Not trying to jack this thread, but exactly how does bluetooth work with the headsets ,ipods ? Do you have to have the bluetooth earpiece inyour helmet or what? I'm techno challenged big time.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I have the Blueant Interphone f4 set. Excellent adjustable sound quality, stereo and accepts up to 6 or eight bluetooth devices including phone, mp3, IPod, navigator, etc. Also pairs with another f4 for rider to passenger or rider to rider intercom. And...fully waterproof.

Very easy set up in helmet to install speakers and microphone. $349 for two units at MrHit.com

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have the J&M integrator on my bike and my wife has the J&M CB on her bike. I dont like her system at all because the intercom is open mike all the time with no vox capability. To me it is way too annoying to constantly here the wind and background noise. If I had it to do all over again I would go with the Autocomm system on both bikes. Also the lower cords on J&M are cheap. I have been through three in three years. They dont cost much but sometimes finding a replacement on a road trip is difficult.

We've got two J&M JMCB-2003 "Handlebar Mounted CB Audio System"s. I don't know what you mean by "the intercom is open mike at all times". Nothing is open (tansmitting) all the time on our bikes. It operates off a PTT lever on the CB unit (no VOX). Something is not right with your set-up. I agree, an open mike would be very annoying - it shouldn't be that way.

Todd

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
We've got two J&M JMCB-2003 "Handlebar Mounted CB Audio System"s. I don't know what you mean by "the intercom is open mike at all times". Nothing is open (tansmitting) all the time on our bikes. It operates off a PTT lever on the CB unit (no VOX). Something is not right with your set-up. I agree, an open mike would be very annoying - it shouldn't be that way.

Todd

The CB is not transmitting all the time but the passenger to driver intercomm has a hot mike all the time. I know four other people that have the same set up and they all work that way. You do have to PTT with the lever to transmit but the intercomm when turned on is hot mike for intercomm only. (this only applies to the units that have a hook up for passenger and rider and not the solo units.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.