Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of clean, internal wires on handlebars. I saw a post a few days ago it looks great. Now, can even cables for the clutch and front brake be run internally? I am guessing the best bet is to get all new bars, grips, etc. What would this cost, to have everything internal? What about the brake fluid resevoir can that be relocated? I would like to see some pictures if anyone has them.

·
Super Moderator
63,769 Posts
You could go 2 ways.
1. www.CustomCycleControls.com for complete bar&control set-ups with everything inside.
2. Have bars made for you by a custom shop and get the parts you want on the bars, like I did with www.airdesigncustoms.com

CustomCycleControls somewhere around $2750
AirDesign bars with Dakota Digital, Performance Machine master cylinders and switch housings, Arlen Ness grips, painted to match my bike and built for me around $2500 8)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ahhhhhh Spike ...........

Chicago-Spike said:
You could go 2 ways.
1. www.CustomCucleControls.com for complete bar&control set-ups with everything inside.
2. Have bars made for you by a custom shop and get the parts you want on the bars, like I did with www.airdesigncustoms.com

CustomCycleControls somewhere around $2750
AirDesign bars with Dakota Digital, Performance Machine master cylinders and switch housings, Arlen Ness grips, painted to match my bike and built for me around $2500 8)

You may want to check your URL for Custom Cycle Controls. I think you gotta U where you meant to put a Y. :pepper1:

·
Super Moderator
63,769 Posts
Nope, not me. As Homer Simpson has said, I am the "8th Wonder of the World!! A Sober Irishman!" :D

I have been outside digging holes and ripping up sod for some tree's&bushes coming tomorrow.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Another source for clean bars at almost half that price is Highlander Custom Cycles. Shawn is currently completing mine and here is a look at ones he's completed previously:

These bars come with everything you see for 1500.00 green backs and include the switchboxes, grips, and a mirror not to mention they are complete with SS cables and wires.

Call Shawn and tell him Randall sent you!

RKip 8)

BTW Spike.... great loooking bike Bro... I know I said that before, but can't help it!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow these are some nice bars, for half the price. Everything is internal huh? Does that price include installation or are you doing it? thanks

RKip said:
Another source for clean bars at almost half that price is Highlander Custom Cycles. Shawn is currently completing mine and here is a look at ones he's completed previously:

These bars come with everything you see for 1500.00 green backs and include the switchboxes, grips, and a mirror not to mention they are complete with SS cables and wires.

RKip 8)

BTW Spike.... great loooking bike Bro... I know I said that before, but can't help it!

·
Registered
937 Posts
No it doesn't include installation, but if you bring it to him, he'll install. he does ship the bars with all wiring complete, so all you have to do is bolt on... and of course connect the brake lines.

Give him a call 954-929-7657 or e-mail him at
[email protected]

Don't forget to tell him Randall sent you, it will help... help me anyway...LOL!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only problem is I have NO MONEY. I was just interested. Maybe we could start a fund for modding my bike!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I'm working on this now......my fluid lines will be entering my 2" tube risers right under my 1.5" bars and everything will go through my tree as well. These are custom bars that will be powdercoated when finished. I also handcut a speedo mount out of a 4" exhaust pipe. :D 8)

Work in progress.....

Eric

·
Registered
937 Posts
Oh yeah... sure jhrahn, let me cut you a check... :lol:

No Money, then be happy you have the bke...!

J/K...ing!

I guess there are many folks on this board just dreaming and wondering, I tend to take most as serious inquires...!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I finally graduate school, and am working like the rest of you guys, I will be so happy when spending 100 bucks or more on a part is like nothing. Luckily "santa" gives out money for Christmas now a days, otherwise I wouldn't have pipes.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Completely understand... Good luck in school!

·
Registered
901 Posts
RKip said:

RKip 8)

Those are sharp. But, is there a way to mount the speedo?

·
Registered
937 Posts
from my understanding, this guy didn't want the speedo. Highlander does do a tank mounted speedo, but yes, he can put the speedo back on the bars as well.

You would have to call him. Although, I'm not saying the Custom Cycles are not very good, they look very nice. I'm just informing about other options.

My bike will have the new F digital speedo in the tank with tach.

RKip 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts