1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
662 Posts
well... the second graph looks like your tire was slipping.. at least thats what I hope it was. If it wasnt, then your engine was cutting out big time.. Otherwise, the first one looks like a before and after a dyno tune with a PCIII, with a max HP just under 100 although the torque shoulda been a bit higher...

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
well... the second graph looks like your tire was slipping.. at least thats what I hope it was. If it wasnt, then your engine was cutting out big time.. Otherwise, the first one looks like a before and after a dyno tune with a PCIII, with a max HP just under 100 although the torque shoulda been a bit higher...
I would say the second graph is a power run starting in 1st ending in 5th.

I would really be interested in viewing the map presently in the PC.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Can anyone please tell me what these Dyno results mean? I'm not sure how to read these.
It's from a 2002 1800 with 30k on it. Totally stock with nothing removed and ground fix done.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1755&pictureid=10749

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1755&pictureid=10750

Sorry for the blurry pics.... cheap scanner. Thanks for any comments anyone may have.
looks like the results were pretty much the same as you had. A one point gain overall isn't all that great. Run a half a tank of gas or skip breakfast and you've equaled the hp gain off of the dyno tune. I can't tell, but the torque curve (top of the page 1) looks very choppy. Was that the first run or the second? Check the color of the ink and compare to the printout's color. Why can't they use blue and red??? If it's the base run with the old map then you may have accomplished what you wanted as the second torque line looks much smoother. You should feel something better in the seat of your pants.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Where are you guys seeing any reference to a power commander or map ?
It says stock with slip ons on the dyno page and the poster says
"Totally stock with nothing removed and ground fix done"

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I see in the first page 84/85 hp and 98/99 torque

·
Registered
1,947 Posts

My dyno sheet has no reference to the equipment on my bike either. The header on my dyno results sheet says Dynojet Winpep7 Dynojet Performance Evaluation Program. My new map, however, lists all my performance equipment.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Totally Stock

That's right. Built in Ohio as #300.
Dual exhaust... (not sure what the "slip-on's" the shop was referring to but I have a hunch it may refer to the O2 sensors in the exhaust??)... as per the shop manual with both the PAIR system and Emission Controls intact.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Air/Fuel

Can anyone please tell me what these Dyno results mean? I'm not sure how to read these.
It's from a 2002 1800 with 30k on it. Totally stock with nothing removed and ground fix done.
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1755&pictureid=10749

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1755&pictureid=10750

Sorry for the blurry pics.... cheap scanner. Thanks for any comments anyone may have.
I am more curious about the Air/Fuel mixture results and if it shows any need for adjustment. I don't trust the shop that performed the dyno and I couldn't talk to anyone about them. I don't think any adjustments were made to show any better performance. Surely anything gained was minimal kinda like the 1/2 tank of gas.

I forgot to mention the K&N Air filter instead of a stock filter on my bike but that was mentioned on the dyno sheet. Also mentioned was after market pipes that clearly was not true. They even still have the baffles in them. But I think they were lazy with the gas sensors up the pipe and cheated with the after market setting. Just a theory but ....

I can Email better resolution photos if anyone is curious

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If you paid $35.00 for three runs on the dyno there are no adjustments made , just a check of your horsepower and torque. You need a power commander to make a new map and adjust your f/a ratio, nothing is adjustable without a fuel manager of some kind and the pc3 is the best

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
If you paid $35.00 for three runs on the dyno there are no adjustments made , just a check of your horsepower and torque. You need a power commander to make a new map and adjust your f/a ratio, nothing is adjustable without a fuel manager of some kind and the pc3 is the best
Jim, I agree as I was able to look at a clearer picture of both pages. There were only two runs made on page 1 as noted by the file numbers, 001 and 002, and the runs were only a half an hour apart. A/F went to 13 to 1 at around 3000 RPM up to redline. Should be 14.6 to 1.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Canukbiker,

Go to Walt Healy Motorsports in Calgary and have it tuned there. They did mine and did a fantastic job. It'll cost you much more than $35, but it will be adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
He has nothing to tune ..what are they going to adjust ?????? He has never said he had a pc3 ..If he does get one THEN he can get it adjusted .

Canukbiker,

Go to Walt Healy Motorsports in Calgary and have it tuned there. They did mine and did a fantastic job. It'll cost you much more than $35, but it will be adjusted correctly.

·
3,915 Posts
looks like 84/85 HP, 94/95 torque That looks pretty typical for a stock 1800. Pretty much what mine were stock.

After I put on the K&N filter/hyper charger, roadhouse shorty, PC111, (I can't find my print out) my numbers were about 10% better after the mods. HP was around 95/96 and my Torque was over 100, like 101 or 102, or 3.

You have some good stock numbers though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts