Honda VTX Forum banner

Invitation to Ride the River - April 23rd!

1K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  Tejas_Ranger 
#1 ·
Alright you guys.... You've been asking to come over and ride some Oklahoma roads, well here's your chance!
Tejas, is the coordinator for Green Country Honda's HRCA chapter. Well, he's planned the first ride of the year for the HRCA Red Riders. It would be a great time to get you guys and gals over here for some ridin Okie style!!

Hope to see some of you there!!! Post up here or on our board (oklahomaxriders.com) and let us know if you can make it!

Here's the post that Tejas put on our board:

HONDA RIDER’S CLUB
OF AMERICA

GREEN COUNTRY RED RIDERS

Ride the River

What: 1st Ride of 2005

Where: Green Country Cycle City

When: April 23, 2005

Who: HRCA members and any other Brand Bikes

Details: Leave Green Country Cycle City @ 9:30 a.m., Head towards Tahlequah. Ride up 10 along the Illinois River to Little Kansas, over to Salina to Pryor to Claremore. Plenty of stops to break the ride up for site seeing, drinks, food, and fuel. This will be about a 4 hour ride through some nice scenery with good roads and both straight and twisties.

Contact: Perry @ 284-7176 or Green Country Cycle City for more info

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the invitation!!! I'm sure some of us can make it over for this, it sounds like a great ride. I've been on Hwy 10 and it really is a beautiful route. We'll get the word out...

Dave

#3 ·
I posted on the Heartland board, My origonal plans was the wild hog festival but since were going on the 5 state run in may I need to save what money I can. Looks like I'm headed toward T town. I need some directions to Green Country Cycle. I will be entering Tulsa on 44 riding the Orange blurr, I will coming from the west. directions please.

#4 ·
where 44 crosses 51 ( the Broken Arrow Expressway) take 51 towards Broken Arrow. The ride starts at the dealership. You can see it on the right as you pass by. Take the next off ramp, (should be Elm), make a right at the 1st light directly opposite the car dealership and follow that road around until you get back to the dealership.

If ya can make it great. I look forward to meeting ya.

Tejas

#5 ·
Thanks for the directions. I will keep you posted.

#8 ·
The wife and I will be there unless the river rises to much.
We may rode over tomorrow night.

#10 ·
Is anyone else going to Tulsa from NW Arkansas?
I could use the company..

Because of the freak drop in temp they are calling for tonight, I have not yet decided if I am riding or trailering over..

Missery loves company. If anyone else is riding I will too..

#11 ·
Come on now Faxxxy, surely your not one of those fair weather riders. (Just kidding) I think were going to leave here at 6.30 AM.

#12 ·
Hey Tejas Are you and WAH pulling the trailer tomorrow?

#15 ·
Mike, we've decided to leave the trailer home, just happen to discuss this last night. With us being the bike in the lead (Tejas is the ride co-ordinator/guide) we don't want to pull the trailer for the safety of all the riders. Plus having no idea just how big a group we end up with and how many riders may not have experience a group ride, its best to be on the high side of safety. Will be nice to have the VTX riders along since the majority of them are experienced at group riding!

#17 ·
#18 ·
We left here on March 4th headed to Daytona 37 degrees and started raining 150 miles into the trip. we just grinned and enjoyed, but I've only missed riding to work 3 days since i bought the bike back in July.

#19 ·
Mike OK said:
We left here on March 4th headed to Daytona 37 degrees and started raining 150 miles into the trip. we just grinned and enjoyed, but I've only missed riding to work 3 days since i bought the bike back in July.
Not to hijack the thread too badly, but Jen and I are planning Daytona 2007.. The plans include an enclosed trailer.. :wink:

#20 ·
If a person dont like the way mother nature treats us sometimes that would be a smart move. Maybe we can meet up sometime and I will share some stories of our trip.

#21 ·
Looks like a last minute scrub..
The couple I was going to ride/stay with have decided it will be too cold to ride, so they are going on a horse ride instead..

That scrubs me..
Maybe next time..

Jen has left for the weekend. I'm going to go home and live like a bachelor for a weekend!

#22 ·
Whoa I'm tired I changed the oil and final drive on the bike. It and the trailer has been washed and waxed. Their hooked up and ready to leave here no later than 7.00 Am. We should hit Green Country between 8.30 - 9.00 see you tommorrow.

#24 ·
Hey arkansas riders we missed you on this ride. It was fun.

#26 ·
cold??/ What's ya talkin about Willis?

Ya need to see my face. I'm so burned it hurts today. We had a heat wave over here.

Tejas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.