Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I have an 04 C. As far as I know the Kewlmetal and the Thinman risers are the only ones you can use with the original handlebars on the C model. I have the Thinman risers and they came with easy to follow instructions. Don't know about the Kewlmetal. I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Registered
663 Posts
2hoo said:
I bought these risers for my 04 C. Had trouble with handlebar bolts so had to take bike to dealer. Dealer says that risers don't work for my model, he doesn't know what they're for. If'n these are what was sent is the dealer wrong about them?

http://www.cyclegiant.com/index.php?tpl ... 4&pid=9738
Dealer is ignorant. The 1300C can NOT use 'standard' type risers because their risers are welded on to the handle bar. The Kewlmetal you linked to in your post should really be classified as riser extensions, because they ARE designed for the 1300C and bolt to the bottom of the welded on piece. I have the Kewlmetal's you referenced on my C and love them!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Stealer is crazy, you're OK. As posted above those are the Kewl Metal risers made to work with the stock 1300C handle bars.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

I thought so.

I took the specs from the place I ordered down there and as soon as the tech saw the pic of the Kewlmetal risers installed he went to look at them again. Came back and said I was good to go with them. Unfortunately, the nuts that bolt the bars to the triple tree were so tight that I stripped either the bolts when I tried to loosen them for the install. Dealer couldn't get them off either and had to cut the bars off. There goes $168 for new bars. Good news is I get new grips!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts