Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my '03 Retro...

I have changed my rear turns to Kury Bullet LEDs and mounted them in the rearmost fender mount holes on the chrome shock mount struts. Old mounting holes for original turns are filled in.

Now I need to add a pass back pad so my girl doesn't fall off. Is anyone making a sissy bar that mounts to ONLY the forward two holes.

I really don't want to have to drill new holes to mount these LEDs.

Any info would be appreciated, or, does anyone know of a shop that could fabricate something?

Thanks, Ride Safe

Ron

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gary... how in the world did you find a year old post?

Perfect!!!

Thank you,

Ron

·
Registered
8,588 Posts

These are on our bike, there is no rear bolt on on these. I found the info on this site, you have to go to "build your honda" link to get to the accessories. Ours is a 04 1800 Retro Spec 2...http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle ... =VTX1800C4

Deluxe Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mount Brackets 08F75-MCV-150 $131.95 These high-quality chrome mounting brackets look great and install in minutes. For use with the Deluxe Chrome Rear Carrier (Part number 08L42-MEM-100) and Deluxe Chrome Backrest with Pad (Part number 08F75-MEM-100B).
This accessory cannot be installed with
the following:

Chrome Backrest with Pad (Tall, Neo Retro Style)

Chrome Backrest with Pad (Low, Neo Retro Style)

Backrest/Rear Carrier Brackets (Neo Retro Style)

Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Neo Retro Style)

Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Neo Retro Style)

Chrome Rear Carrier (Neo Retro Style)

Chrome Backrest w/Pad (Tall, Studded Traditional)

Chrome Backrest w/Pad (Low, Studded Traditional)

Chrome Backrest w/Pad (Tall, Plain Traditional)

Chrome Backrest w/Pad (Low, Plain Traditional)

Backrest/Rear Carrier Brackets (Traditional Style)

Chrome Rear Carrier (Traditional Style)

Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Traditional)

Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Traditional)

It's supposed to go with this backrest

But our backrest is this one! The dealer put it on as part of our $1,000 in accesories deal because I wanted the tallest one they had for our VTX. On the Honda site it says this won't fit with the deluxe brackets that we have in the pic above! HDL has this backrest but I didn't see these deluxe brackets

Chrome Backrest w/Pad (Tall, Plain Traditional) 08F75-MCV-110 $163.95

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Re: Is there a pass backrest that does NOT require the rear

R & D said:
On my '03 Retro...

I have changed my rear turns to Kury Bullet LEDs and mounted them in the rearmost fender mount holes on the chrome shock mount struts. Old mounting holes for original turns are filled in.

Now I need to add a pass back pad so my girl doesn't fall off. Is anyone making a sissy bar that mounts to ONLY the forward two holes.

I really don't want to have to drill new holes to mount these LEDs.

Any info would be appreciated, or, does anyone know of a shop that could fabricate something?

Thanks, Ride Safe

Ron
the Hondaline Neo brackets & and backrests (low or high) use only the front two holes and looks great, too.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Okay here's some pics...but...problem may be there is only 2/16 to 3/16th inch space between the long hitch doc bolt inside and the deluxe bracket. And there are 1/4 inch spacers between the fender bracket and the deluxe bracket pushing it out some. So it may not work with the kury lights after all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts