Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Boots,, you need to find a Brand that makes boots that fit your feet..

no designing.. but YOU must search many brands or just get lucky

when I go canyon carving I use these
as they offer real good feel of the foot controls..

but when I am out riding.. I get my Boots at Boot Barn... standard motorcycle boots.. but 1/2 size larger for extra inner soles.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
The short answer is NO if you want on and off the MC and for walking.

I have a lot of leg and foot pain from too many years with the wrong shoes and on concrete floors.

I began 12 years and 200,000 miles ago with surplus Bate USMC gore tex boots. Good compromise. I did not realize they were Gore Tex until later.

The best all around I found for me were the SIDI Touring On Road Gore Tex. With inserts.
After breaking my leg I went to SIDI Adventure with semi custom inserts, not as comfortable but better protection.

If I plan to walk a lot sneakers are my go to.

The thing I have found to improve the comfort of all boots and shoes are special inserts. Even the ones at walmart will help.

Everyone's feet are different but custom, semi custom, or generic inserts will make them more comfortable.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Registered
17 Posts
These are new to me, and absolutely amazing. Under 100 as well. I'm going to buy them again and put them away for later!

Bates 8816 Mens Taser Leather High Performance Work Boot Screenshot_20200804-225105.png

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can wear a tank-top, shorts, and athletic shoes when riding.. But, I typically wear "western" boots. They're perfect for riding - all leather and no laces.

When I was in the Army, I obviously used to wear my boots when riding during the duty day. If that's your flavor, they are certainly comfortable enough for whatever you may do - I've ridden in them, ran in them, slept in them. I would assume they'd be tough enough for what your looking for. They have boots with great ankle support for running and rucking (carrying a heavy backpack through bad terrain). However, I'm assuming you are looking for crash type ankle protection and I don't think they are what you're looking for in that category.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The most comfortable shoes I have ever worn are Skechers so when I saw that they make boots too I ordered a pair. They came in today and look great. The first thing I did was to check if they fit under the gear shift lever. I don't want to mess with adjustment.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts