Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if this is a hitch for a 1300, and one that will fit an R model?

I know it's a Denray, and yes, I know it's not one of their hidden models, but it's reasonably close to me and the price may be right.

But the seller isn't 100% positive what bike it was designed to fit, and I'm not familiar enough with them either to be able to look at it and say yes or no.

I emailed Denray multiple times over the last 2 weeks asking for help, but they seem to be just ignoring emails.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Look at the X and see if you see something similar to where the forward hitch arms would bolt up to. It has to go to a frame bolt or mounting bracket.

Difficult to find pix, none of VTX for the exposed hitch. Similar hitch, probably a bracket or something to bolt up to.
https://denray.ca/produit/motorcycle-hitch-honda-750-cc-vt750c-shadow-aero-2004/?lang=en

Another Honda MC looks like foot peg mount could be the
Lower forward mounting point.

Some more pix on that page 1 that above link is on.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, It's not *that* close - a 5 hour ride each way. In Canada, that's "Close". ;)

I'd probably have it shipped to me in the end (although a day ride to and from isn't out of the question, I'm an IBA member LOL) but it's not the sort of close enough that going out there without 100% knowing I'm getting a hitch that will fit is justifiable.

Was hoping someone here may have used one of that style before and could compare directly. ;)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Ok, It's not *that* close - a 5 hour ride each way. In Canada, that's "Close". ;)

I'd probably have it shipped to me in the end (although a day ride to and from isn't out of the question, I'm an IBA member LOL) but it's not the sort of close enough that going out there without 100% knowing I'm getting a hitch that will fit is justifiable.

Was hoping someone here may have used one of that style before and could compare directly. ;)

Where are you and where is the hitch?

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members/95246-smurfy71-albums-my-vtx1300-picture40314-img-1373.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
East side of Toronto, hitch is in Quebec.

Still looking for info from anyone who may know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts