Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on some clear alternative turn signal lenses and turned on the blinkers to check out the brightness compared to stock and noticed something weird. When I put my right turn signal on, it flashes fine front and rear, but the left (opposite) front flashes at the same time only dimmer. Same thing when I use the other directional. It is the fronts only. I put the stock bulbs back in even though I knew that a bulb shouldn't cause this and the same thing happens with the stock. I never noticed this before I changed the bulbs but I also never looked for it either. Is this normal? I haven't made any electrical mods to the bike.
Thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
Did you use a sensor?

G

·
0 Posts
ck and make sure that your ground wire has come unpluged in your head light there are 3 wires in the headlamp,for each turn signal most of the time when you have cross over with light it a ground proublem or the bulb is back feeding . if not installed correctly . sec. of all the front turn signals even through they are bolts with nice alum. clamps to the fork that part of the fork are not ... good luck vtx moose :lol: :twisted:

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
The front turn signals use 1157 bulbs, which have two filaments,
a bright one for the turns, and a dim one for the running lights.

The pins on the side of the bulb are offset from each other,
but it is still possible to install the bulb the wrong way,
so that the bright filament lights when the dim one should
and vice versa.

Make sure that your bulbs are installed correctly.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I installed were the rear bulbs, which were single filament bulbs. I didnt touch the front bulbs, so if they were installed incorrectly it was from the factory. I installed the rears one way and then rotated them 180 degrees from where they were and nothing changed. I will reverse the fronts tommorrow even though I did not touch those bulbs. Thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am haveing somewhat the same problem My front running lights are working but nothing on the back ,i can turn on the right side single and it works fine if i hit the left signal it blows a fuse evertime, anyone with any ideas i am going to take it in when i find time but seeing if anyone has ideas first.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found out my battery was real low and when I got the bike started the turn signals worked fine. I am guessing that a low battery might cause the front blinkers to flash dimly on the opposite side. Now I have to see if my battery will hold charge, if not I should be able to get the dealer to give me a new one. I guess I can put the clear alternative lense back in.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have three things for you to check. The ground......the ground......and the ground. Getting feedback due to poor ground

1 - 8 of 8 Posts