Honda VTX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
What the hell does that mean? "just do with it as you please?"

Sounds like more PC garbage, nobody is wrong everything is right if you feel it is. This country used to believe in right and wrong and when it was appropriate to take a stand. Then we started worrying about hurting people's feelings..........
You're dealing with someone who is a few strawberries shy of a shortcake. Learn to ignore him. That's what many of us do.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
You're dealing with someone who is a few strawberries shy of a shortcake. Learn to ignore him. That's what many of us do.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's really because I have been honest and truthful with you and your fishing buddy. Have another nice day and get back to work. :smile2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Exactly! And yet, these liberal hypocritical democrats are so ignorant and stupid to believe that; if we disarm all the law abiding citizens who are gun owners, get 'those' guns off the street, they believe that there won't be anymore mass shootings or murders.:roll:

I can't wrap my mind around that kind of stupid, idiotic, illogical thinking. It's hard to believe there's people this stupid.
I am no fan of gun control, but if you are going to enter the debate, at least get your facts right.

1) In several countries that have enacted gun control, mass shootings have decreased dramatically. For example, the UK has now gone 5 years without a mass shooting. So the data actually support the idea that reducing fire arms actually reduces mass murder. And as an interesting aside, they have a high percentage muslim population.

2) While I don't have the exact facts, it seems to me that in the last few years, mass shooters have been doing so with legally purchased guns. Arguing that in our current circumstance we sell guns to mass murders. So the when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" argument does not apply.

3) In no case, that I am aware of, has any armed citizen step up to stop mass murder while he was in action. One notable exception was this student who took on a shooter bare handed taking first his shot gun and then a knife. Kudos to this guy for his bravery and strategic thinking.

4) Money is being allocated to scientifically study the effects of disarming the general population on the incidence of mass shooting. And the outcomes achieved in countries like England and Australia. Rather than seeking some good scientific data on the topic, whatever the actual outcome, the NRA has spent thousands of dollars to lobby against a study that might undermine their message. Suggesting they don't truly believe their own message.

Do I think there should be gun control? Generally no, but in some cases it might make sense. But what I do know, is that no matter what the topic, if one argues from an uninformed position and misrepresenting the facts (knowingly or unknowingly), they will ultimately lose the argument and generally be labeled an uninformed idiot.

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
1) In several countries that have enacted gun control, mass shootings have decreased dramatically. For example, the UK has now gone 5 years without a mass shooting. So the data actually support the idea that reducing fire arms actually reduces mass murder.
What about France? They're very close to the UK and had a mass shooting last year. In fact, in 2016 alone, there have been about a dozen mass shootings in Europe.

2) While I don't have the exact facts, it seems to me that in the last few years, mass shooters have been doing so with legally purchased guns.
Some of the shooters stole the weapons from their parents, others bought them from private sellers, and a some passed background checks.

3) In no case, that I am aware of, did any armed citizen step up and shoot a mass murder while he was in action. One notable exception was this student who took on a shooter bare handed taking first his shoot gun and then a knife.
Not true! There are cases almost DAILY where shootings were thwarted by CCW holders.

FBI Shows Importance of Armed Citizens to Stop Mass Shooting Sprees

Do civilians with guns ever stop mass shootings?

Do legally-armed citizens prevent crime?

FBI Stats show an armed public is a safer public

4) Money is being allocated to scientifically study the effects of disarming the general population on the incidence of mass shooting. Rather than seeking some good scientific data on the topic, whatever the actual outcome, the NRA has spent thousands of dollars to lobby against a study that might undermine their message.
Mass shootings are a miniscule percentage of gun violence. The VAST majority of gun violence is carried out with illegal firearms.

But what I do know, is that if one argues from an uninformed position and misrepresenting the facts (knowingly or unknowingly), they will ultimately lose the argument.
Indeed!

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
Gun Control works to reduce violence against an oppressive regime ... all of the experts agree on this.

Why on earth do the United State Democrats agree with the people in that poster ???????

:dontknow:

·
Registered
415 Posts
What the hell does that mean? "just do with it as you please?"

Sounds like more PC garbage, nobody is wrong everything is right if you feel it is. This country used to believe in right and wrong and when it was appropriate to take a stand. Then we started worrying about hurting people's feelings..........
Please don't say that you are hurting my feelings...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
What about France? They're very close to the UK and had a mass shooting last year. In fact, in 2016 alone, there have been about a dozen mass shootings in Europe.

Some of the shooters stole the weapons from their parents, others bought them from private sellers, and a some passed background checks.

Not true! There are cases almost DAILY where shootings were thwarted by CCW holders.

FBI Shows Importance of Armed Citizens to Stop Mass Shooting Sprees

Do civilians with guns ever stop mass shootings?

Do legally-armed citizens prevent crime?

FBI Stats show an armed public is a safer public

Mass shootings are a miniscule percentage of gun violence. The VAST majority of gun violence is carried out with illegal firearms.

Indeed!
THANK YOU!

Somebody did their research.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
I am no fan of gun control, but if you are going to enter the debate, at least get your facts right.

1) In several countries that have enacted gun control, mass shootings have decreased dramatically. For example, the UK has now gone 5 years without a mass shooting. So the data actually support the idea that reducing fire arms actually reduces mass murder. And as an interesting aside, they have a high percentage muslim population.

2) While I don't have the exact facts, it seems to me that in the last few years, mass shooters have been doing so with legally purchased guns. Arguing that in our current circumstance we sell guns to mass murders. So the when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" argument does not apply.

3) In no case, that I am aware of, has any armed citizen step up to stop mass murder while he was in action. One notable exception was this student who took on a shooter bare handed taking first his shot gun and then a knife. Kudos to this guy for his bravery and strategic thinking.

4) Money is being allocated to scientifically study the effects of disarming the general population on the incidence of mass shooting. And the outcomes achieved in countries like England and Australia. Rather than seeking some good scientific data on the topic, whatever the actual outcome, the NRA has spent thousands of dollars to lobby against a study that might undermine their message. Suggesting they don't truly believe their own message.

Do I think there should be gun control? Generally no, but in some cases it might make sense. But what I do know, is that no matter what the topic, if one argues from an uninformed position and misrepresenting the facts (knowingly or unknowingly), they will ultimately lose the argument and generally be labeled an uninformed idiot.
How about Australia as a possible solution? Everyone likes to use them as an example. The problem being, there are now more legal guns per 100 people there than there were before the 1996 massacre that strengthened their gun laws. Proving, if we enforce existing gun laws, add background checks for all, and ENFORCE existing laws, we don't need to add a bunch of useless laws to the mix.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
Here is the issue: Gun control doesn't work, it takes guns out of hands of citizens. Bad guys will always find a way to get guns/weapons/whatever PERIOD. If somehow you miss this and are buying into all the garbage that the media spreads you need to sit down, dust off the ole brain, and do some thinking for yourself!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Here is the issue: Gun control doesn't work, it takes guns out of hands of citizens. Bad guys will always find a way to get guns/weapons/whatever PERIOD. If somehow you miss this and are buying into all the garbage that the media spreads you need to sit down, dust off the ole brain, and do some thinking for yourself!
Yes, things have gone entirely too far. But if gun control doesn't work, how is no gun control working for you?

·
Registered
449 Posts
There is gun control. 3 day waiting period, background checks, license needed to concealed carry....

I went through proper channels, got my CWP, and follow the law. What people don't get is those who operate outside the law will CONTINUE to do so, AND with whatever means they can get their hands on. So they will beg, borrow, buy, steal, etc. whatever they need/want to carry out their plans. As such the laws "don't apply to them" as they are not following them.

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
3 day wait for a gun purchase? Where is that? I've had to wait up to 3 weeks for all of mine. I have no criminal record but I've told I served in Viet Nam and was injured.

·
Registered
12,473 Posts
how is no gun control working for you?
I remember the time when there was no Gun Control laws, as a young child/teen growing up in Baltimore City.

It was a scary time .... I mean a kid could be out walking the streets all hours of the day into the wee hours of the morning and NOTHING HAPPENED to them.

Firearms were in almost every home I visited and accessible yet ..... NOTHING HAPPENED !!!!

Now Baltimore has a lot of Gun Control laws and the place is very dangerous.

And to think, they have so much Gun Control ---- you can't even have a BB gun in your own backyard there.

I liked Baltimore a lot better when there was NO GUN CONTROL !!!!!

You won't catch me going back there .... too dangerous.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Yes, things have gone entirely too far. But if gun control doesn't work, how is no gun control working for you?
300,000,000+ Firearms Legally Owned by Law Abiding Citizens.
SOoooo, Very Well, Thanks for Asking!

Just to add: If GUNS in the hands of Law Abiding Americans were really the issue, you'd know it....

41 - 60 of 86 Posts