Honda VTX Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
We do not need gun control.
I agree. Regardless of it would ever have mattered, at this point it would solve nothing.
What we need is extremely aggressive enforcement of EXISTING LAWS !!!!

And I mean EXTREMELY AGGRESSIVE.

Capital Punishment may not be a deterrent ( but I think it is ), but it is guaranteed to cut down on recidivism ...... end the career of career criminals with finality, no retirement .... just a grave.
Part of the problem is the cost of capital punishment. The appeals and the constant courting. It's absolutely ridiculous. More often than not execution should be carried out in a timely and expedient fashion.
Liberals in the USA are a funny bunch ...... they want to ban firearms and decriminalize or legalize recreational drugs use.
We are on the same page there brother!

To take things even further, any violent crime committed using a firearm should involve much greater penalty. Illegal gun possession should be treated much more seriously. It's like if you have more that a specified amount of drugs you get busted for dealing. You get caught with an illegal firearm or are convicted of a violent crime involving a firearm you should get manslaughter. Why else would you need a gun to commit a crime?

Unfortunately the prisons are full of unrepentant criminals who gain an entirely new level of disrespect for the system. I absolutely hate when I see these YouTube videos of "law abiding citizens" doing everything in their power to hinder law enforcement by the very people we pay to enforce the laws. I hate the "you can't detain me without ...." videos. If the cop wants to ask a couple of questions, it's not immediately harassment. We need to help law enforcement, not the other way around. (Yes, I know there are always jerk cops as well).

The problem, or at least part of it, starts in the way we raise our kids. OR even going back a few generations. I see kids in the grocery store lineups with their hands on every bit of candy they can touch, parents oblivious to the implications. AND God forbid you say anything 'cause it's just none of your business. As kids grow their lack of respect for other people and other people's property grows with them. Parents simply don't invest the time or effort in raising good and respectful kids. These kids then grow to have their own kids and before you know it, kids are raising themselves, without any real guidance. The decline of the family unit play significantly into the increase in violent crime. That is not to say that good parents and good kids will never live that., Good parents have good kids that do go bad. The point is that more must be a part of the solution that there are part of the problem.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The overall problem with murderers and the mindset toward guns is stinkin thinkin.

ISIS personnel kills and commits suicide. The brains behind those guns and TNT stuffed vests are small brained shells of men who cannot think on their own and therefore are mislead to believe their actions lead to something greater after they blow themselves up or get shot by police and swat teams. They are easily convinced because this is the world in which they were raised. This is all they know. They do not realize they could have a wife, kids, and vacation on beaches just by thinking how precious life truly is.

The attitude toward doing away with Americans' purchasing and owning guns is a vote-getting ideology. They know it is a waste of time because there are already so many guns out there. It is a liberal ploy.

This radical muslim mindset committed to kill infidels will only increase because this world is sick and is ruled by evil. Evil intent is the only way you can mutilate and maim innocent people.

It stinks to high heaven. Why would so many want to join a group of crazies rather than getting educated and pursuing lawful employment in order to drink in all this world has to offer other than hatred, inflicting pain, and violence.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
The overall problem with murderers and the mindset toward guns is stinkin thinkin.

ISIS personnel kills and commits suicide. The brains behind those guns and TNT stuffed vests are small brained shells of men who cannot think on their own and therefore are mislead to believe their actions lead to something greater after they blow themselves up or get shot by police and swat teams. They are easily convinced because this is the world in which they were raised. This is all they know. They do not realize they could have a wife, kids, and vacation on beaches just by thinking how precious life truly is.

The attitude toward doing away with Americans' purchasing and owning guns is a vote-getting ideology. They know it is a waste of time because there are already so many guns out there. It is a liberal ploy.

This radical muslim mindset committed to kill infidels will only increase because this world is sick and is ruled by evil. Evil intent is the only way you can mutilate and maim innocent people.

It stinks to high heaven. Why would so many want to join a group of crazies rather than getting educated and pursuing lawful employment in order to drink in all this world has to offer other than hatred, inflicting pain, and violence.

[RANT ALERT!!!]
I hate to say it, but it seems we are victims of our own affluence. It is our affluence that makes others resentful of us. When you are on the top you become the #1 target, that's just the way it is. Further to that, look at what our society has become in the interest for making sure no one gets offended. Do "normal working class" people really care who does and who does not get offended by non-PC language. IKt has gotten to the point where we are visitors in our own country, and why? Because we live the American dream, and everyone either wants in, or wants to destroy it because they cannot have it, or have found that it is difficult to get an maintain. We know it takes work and sweat equity, unfortunately there are entirely too many people out there that believe it owed them and is their right, not that it must be earned.

When ISIS comes to a country .... say Syria, do we encourage these people to clean up their mess, even help them clean it up? No we give them refuge, only so that ISIS can have a permanent home. Aren't we just the humanitarians? If the roles wqere reversed and Christian extremists were to invade the US, would Syria or any of the Islamic nations welcome us with open arms? I says NO, they would not. And why not? Because they hate us, not for our beliefs (that's just old and tired), but because of what we have and how we can enjoy life. Why don't the jihadists go after China, after all they are infidels just like us (only not Christian). They don't go there because China would not be politically correct in response, and the jihadists don't want what the Chinese have. They just don't enjoy the standard of living we do. This isn't religious, most of the US isn't really religious anymore anyway. This, regardless of what the jihadists say or claim.

Our western culture has grown sick. I saw a video the other day where an ex-military man could not speak at the his buddies military funeral because his speech mentioned God. Isn't "One nation under God" somewhere in the US Pledge of Allegiance, the very concept the military is fighting for. That is the Pledge of Allegiance not just the single sentence. Everywhere we look there is crime and sociological deviance. Young people have been doing this for generations, nothing new there, but now as opposed to holding a middle ground we are accommodating this nonsense, in the interest of not offending anyone. Maybe, and just maybe, some people should get offended. Maybe they should be pushed to look at themselves and question what they contribute as opposed to forever expecting to be accommodated.

How does this all come back to guns and shootings? Well, as a culture we have become far too accommodating and far too complacent. Do whatever you want to do regardless of who it may infringe needs to be reset. We need to push the line back some to find balance. Seems anyone who is a "minority" should be accommodated and everyone who is not must do the accommodating.

We need to look after America first, and some level of renewed national pride would be beneficial there. Could be there is another revolution coming at some point, because good people will not put up with this crap (with more coming every day) forever.
[/Rant ALERT!!!]

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Here's a story you won't likely see in the MSM. Notice the hero had a legally-owned firearm while the perp did not...

Concealed Carry Prevents Mass Shooting
Yeah, the MS Media doesn't want these types of incidents getting out, because it goes against their 'anti-gun' agenda, and seems to 'prove' exactly the opposite of what they're trying to cram down the American public's throat!

81 - 86 of 86 Posts