Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,
I am looking to take my bike I bought back to stack exhaust from Vance and Hines. Anyone got a cheap set lying around?

Thanks
Jim in NC
2003 VTX 1300s

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Just a FYI...if they have to be shipped to u have seller pack the chit out them...especially around the tips...they dont travel well and carriers are not to gentle...a tip C pipes look slick on a R/S.....good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a FYI...if they have to be shipped to u have seller pack the chit out them...especially around the tips...they dont travel well and carriers are not to gentle...a tip C pipes look slick on a R/S.....good luck
Thanks for the info. Would you know if I need just the slipons or header also? I am a novice at wrenching on bikes. I work on computers, lol.

Jim

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Check fitment here for matching parts numbers...if u consider C pipes u will need C bracket....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Gang,
I am looking to take my bike I bought back to stack exhaust from Vance and Hines. Anyone got a cheap set lying around?

Thanks
Jim in NC
2003 VTX 1300s
Are you wanting to trade? I will trade my stock pipes for your set of Vance & Hines. Are they big shots?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are you wanting to trade? I will trade my stock pipes for your set of Vance & Hines. Are they big shots?
I have a set from a 2008 1300T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have a set of stock pipes off my 2007 1300 C with the Clayton mod.
If your interested I would take $50.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have an '05 1300R with the V&H Big shots and need the OEM system. Need to be sure of fit. Very limited interchangability.
Too bad the border is closed, I’m close to it and have a set. They came wrapped in a blanket when I bought the bike and haven’t unwrapped them to even look at them. Not interested in shipping them.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They are big shots and I also have the quiet baffles on order. Seems I could do better buying the stock system which should go for about 1 or 2 hundred and get around 400 for the V&H. Where you
I have a set like new for $60 plus shipping. They are off a 2006 VTX R; also fit S model. Only on the bike for one year and have been in storage since.
I'm interested. Will they fit my 05? All brackets and hardware included? I have pay pal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Still available? I'm interested.
Mike
Sorry, the pipes are were sold about two weeks ago, including the brackets. I am a bit surprised with some earlier comments regarding fit. If you have the appropriate brackets, I presume VTX pipes are interchangeable on all models. Isn't the only difference the mufflers and the brackets that attach the mufflers?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts