Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a stock muffler bracket from a VTX1300S/R. If anyone has one laying around please let me know. Must be like the one pictured. Thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just an FYI, there are 2 different versions of the R/S/T muffler brackets. I believe the change was 2008.

I have a 2009, when I got my Roadhouse exhaust (they went out of business before the 2008 change), I had to buy a 2007 and earlier bracket. I ordered a new one on Ron Ayers and while I was at it, I ordered all new bushings and bolts. It wasn't too much $$, but definitely more than used.

So I have a 2008+ bracket somewhere in my house.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an FYI, there are 2 different versions of the R/S/T muffler brackets. I believe the change was 2008.

I have a 2009, when I got my Roadhouse exhaust (they went out of business before the 2008 change), I had to buy a 2007 and earlier bracket. I ordered a new one on Ron Ayers and while I was at it, I ordered all new bushings and bolts. It wasn't too much $$, but definitely more than used.

So I have a 2008+ bracket somewhere in my house.
Thanks for the info. I'm in need of the earlier bracket. My bike is a 2004

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm in need of the earlier bracket. My bike is a 2004
If you can't find a used one, it is <$100 on Ron Ayers:
#18 BRACKET, MUFFLER 18455-MEA-670 $93.45

Amazon:

Ebay:

When I was looking, ebay prices were close enough that I figured I would buy it new, just to avoid the risk of getting a wrecked bike bracket that may be tweaked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts