Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
I thought I was in the Twilight Zone last night. After reading about how fireworks sales were out of sight, I expected something akin to a combat zone last night, but it didn't happen. There were sporadic stuff around, but nothing close from any of my neighbors who are mostly the 'younger generation'. Been so dry, maybe they were afraid of starting fires. IDK, but it was a good nights sleep, and I was asleep by 11:00

Reactions: VTXArizona

·
Registered
29,426 Posts
Less than normal around here, by 10:30 it was quiet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the holiday is actually independence day. it could possibly the holiday with the single greatest impact on the world. the us was founded on the belief that no man was subservient to another man and government was beholden to the people. after winning independence, citizens of other nations saw the freedom and prosperity enjoyed by those in the US and demanded it from their government. countless monarchies and dictatorships fell across the world to some system of democracy and furthering human rights. the US still stands alone in recognizing that the rights are intrinsic to human life and not endowed upon them by government.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
... and the Chinas, Russias, Cubas,Venezuelas and Pelosis of the world hate them for the freedoms the US has given billions of people around the world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts