Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
It has been a very, very, very long journey to go from concept to production on this incredible highly innovative piece known as the “dual intake manifold”. I am pleased to announce that the production work is finally done! The only piece remaining for a complete kit is the installation directions. For those more mechanically inclined, you won't need the directions. For those who aren't, they will be available shortly.

For those new to this board and haven't followed this journey this product is a full replacement of both your intake manifold and throttlebody. This new intake manifold flows better than your current stock heads can handle (under normal aspiration) and as much as a highly modified head can support. On the flow bench they are putting out over 180cfm @ 10” versus the stock unit at 135cfm @10”. The preproduction test model made 10 HP (SAE Corrected) to the rear wheel. As per normal, results will vary depending on your configuration, altitude and the tuning of your fuel management module.

There will be much debate over the pricing of this unit, however, unless you are a machinist by trade, a mechanical engineer by trade or a serious hobbyist, you won't always agree with the pricing. Even if you are you still might not but I personally don’t believe so. For those who do understand, and recognize the intense efforts, substantial upfront costs and so on, you will understand. The bottom line is not everyone will want one of these or will be able to justify the expense. This is perfectly okay!

There are several versions:
• Unpainted normal cast - $1195.00
• Gloss Black or Silver (color of cylinder head) powder coated - $1295.00
• Special requests – call for quote (my personal version will be painted closely to match my blurple color.

There is work involved to move the exiting stock items, such as TPS (must set correct ohms position on installation), fuel injectors and so on over to the new unit. For those who would prefer Kevin to do the work, he is offering to do it at $60.00 per unit.

The intake kit comes with everything except new air filters. These are on you. For those who saw my initial setup (http://www.innovativedesignconcepts.com ... hotos.html ) these babies were not cheap. There are less expensive options and yes you will need two filters. Kevin offers 2 styles of adapters 1) fits a standard Thunder bolt pattern (not the VTX one) and 2) the standard Harley type. These will sell for $50.00, however Kevin will include with the first 50 units at no cost. If you have another style filter, Kevin can custom build an adapter, please call him to discuss.

If you want to further customize the intake, such as having Kevin install some wet NOS nozzles, he can do so. Again, you’ll have to discuss with Kevin.

For those with the 2005 models and the coolant tank on the side, Kevin will be working a relocation solution so you can play too. If you’re mechanically inclined you can probably do this yourself.

WOT was the first to get his and states this is a piece of artwork (I’m jealous!). As soon as his injectors get back from RC Components, he’ll be installing.

We still haven’t named the intake; I kinda like X-Terminator (yeah I know it’s a spyware tool but I still like it).

Finally, I don’t own any part of this business, nor do I sell these units. I will try to answer those questions I can and will defer to Kevin on the remaining ones.

Kevin can be reached via his cell phone at 651-307-9926.
E-Mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bareass172 said:
Good stuff Al, glad to see it finally becoming a reality - please keep us posted on the results you see with yours and pics are a must! :wink:
Absolutely will Mike. Hope to have mine before long now. It took some extra time to correctly heat stage the custom paint on it.

Now I'm excited again!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hey Al, Congratulations! Bet this has been one long year and a half. Glad to see it come to fruition. Now get out and ride before the hot season sets in. :D :D

Now that you got that out of the way, you can go to Alaska with us in July!

Just to make this technical, sooo what oil do you use in that beast? :D :D :D oh yeah what tire pressure stops cupping? hehehe

If Jeff can whip me after he gets that thing installed, I am going to be bery, bery angry with you! :)
Ed

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stpaulvtx said:
Hey Al, Congratulations! Bet this has been one long year and a half. Glad to see it come to fruition. Now get out and ride before the hot season sets in. :D :D

Now that you got that out of the way, you can go to Alaska with us in July!

Just to make this technical, sooo what oil do you use in that beast? :D :D :D oh yeah what tire pressure stops cupping? hehehe

If Jeff can whip me after he gets that thing installed, I am going to be bery, bery angry with you! :)
Ed
Hey Ed, long time indeed my friend. I sure hope Jeff's can now spank all around :twisted:

We need to have the PCIII dialed in and his results posted so all can see what the production version will do.

That Alaska thing, ain't gonna happen, gave 1/2 my bonus money for daughters college about a week ago. The good news is she'll have graduated by August :beer2: :beer3: :pepper1: The wife and I will be very happy! You should get with Clif (Duc) has he and his wife are for sure going...and I'm sure he would enjoy some company.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I thought I heard Clif was going in '06, may have that wrong. Cindy, myself and one other of our group are going, we are pretty set as far as the route and when.

If Jeff kicks everyone, we'll never get a helmet over his swelled head.

As far as college goes, one just finishing her freshman year. Between her and her sister it will be another 5 years and 140 large before I am done with college. And I still will never have attended college. It is just money right? :D :D

Back to tech for a moment. Remember what my plugs looked like? I went back to Iridium from 4418's and now am just using Autolite AP3923. They still look just as good. No dyno results though. :D

Hope all is well with you and yours,
Ed

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: It's Finally Done - Dual Intake Manifold Is Ready For Sa

We still haven’t named the intake; I kinda like X-Terminator

How about the Twin inTake,ie. the XTT?

What do you think,TXVTX,....VTXTT? :p

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: It's Finally Done - Dual Intake Manifold Is Ready For Sa

wot said:
We still haven’t named the intake; I kinda like X-Terminator

How about the Twin inTake,ie. the XTT?

What do you think,TXVTX,....VTXTT? :p
Hmmmm, how about 2X-Threat ?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
X-Power said:
Can Dual Hyperchargers be installed?
Is there enough vacum to make all the butterfies work?
The answer is yes, BUT.....

You would need the harley version mounting plates, then you would be good to go with the adapters.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Would a PCIII be mandatory or could the new (and still unseen!!!) 9 wire HPP be used ?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BLU 82 said:
Would a PCIII be mandatory or could the new (and still unseen!!!) 9 wire HPP be used ?
You would want a fuel management system that would both add and take fuel away. While I haven't heard of this new HPP, I would have to believe it would work just fine.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Bareass172 said:
X-Power said:
No offense intended, but wouldn't that be like buying a Porsche with the 4 cylinder engine? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hyper's just don't flow like other intakes do - I'd like to see dual P4's though! :wink:
Hey hey hey, don't knock Porsche 4 cylinders. I had a 944 that could smack some of the big daddy carreras around.

On another note, would the Harley version Hypercharger flow as much as the Hypercharger Pro?
Later
Nate

·
Registered
9,181 Posts
Natedog said:
Bareass172 said:
X-Power said:
No offense intended, but wouldn't that be like buying a Porsche with the 4 cylinder engine? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hyper's just don't flow like other intakes do - I'd like to see dual P4's though! :wink:
Hey hey hey, don't knock Porsche 4 cylinders. I had a 944 that could smack some of the big daddy carreras around.

On another note, would the Harley version Hypercharger flow as much as the Hypercharger Pro?
Later
Nate
The HD charger flows less, it's designed for the smaller HD motors and they just use an adapter to mount it to the VTX.

I didn't mean any offense to 4 cyl Porsche drivers or folks running the Hyper either, just my opinions and nothing more, hehe... :wink:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Bareass172 said:
Natedog said:
Bareass172 said:
X-Power said:

Later
Nate
The HD charger flows less, it's designed for the smaller HD motors and they just use an adapter to mount it to the VTX.

I didn't mean any offense to 4 cyl Porsche drivers or folks running the Hyper either, just my opinions and nothing more, hehe... :wink:
Ya, I knew that. It's okay. Why can't we use the Hypercharger Pro's which seem to be bigger than the HD Charger.
Thanks
Nate

·
Registered
370 Posts
I just checked out the HPP site. I'm guessing that the 9-wire HPP is a programmable HPP that they're showing, but is not yet available. I've got the old HPP. Any foreseeable problems with either new or old HPP when used with the duel intake?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts