Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold the supercharged 1800 today. Not sure it was the right thing to do but it only had 200 miles on it this year. I really enjoyed the bike and the project and this forum so Ill probably lurk from time to time. This will be one those I wish I hadn't sold it stories in a few years with real tears. :{)

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I'm sure you had your reasons stabber. I enjoyed seeing that bike and the story of the build. No profit in spending to much time looking in the rearview mirror. Always onward.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Oh my. I guess at some point in time we all have that one vehicle or other possession that for whatever reason, we sell or give away only to regret doing so later on. I have two. 1956 Ariel Square Four and a 1969 Camaro 350 SS/RS convertible factory hotrod. I think it may be the memories of the work, fun, beauty, etc. that make us question our decision or a friend will say, "remember that __ you had? That thing was awesome", and the question of your decision comes right back. It's done. Just know a lot of Xers enjoyed the build, the results, the pics, etc. Good job!!! There's other projects down the road.....................Ride 'em or sell 'em.......

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh my. I guess at some point in time we all have that one vehicle or other possession that for whatever reason, we sell or give away only to regret doing so later on. I have two. 1956 Ariel Square Four and a 1969 Camaro 350 SS/RS convertible factory hotrod. I think it may be the memories of the work, fun, beauty, etc. that make us question our decision or a friend will say, "remember that __ you had? That thing was awesome", and the question of your decision comes right back. It's done. Just know a lot of Xers enjoyed the build, the results, the pics, etc. Good job!!! There's other projects down the road.....................Ride 'em or sell 'em.......
Honestly, I think I had more fun building it than riding it. The idea of it was awesome the practicality of it at my age was not so real. I will probably buy another bike and start a new project. The guy who bought was not deterred or afraid of it or the maintenance it takes so I feel like he will enjoy it. Hard to hear he was going to put hard bags on it "WHAT Sacrilege" but it is his now. Ariel Square four would love to ride that one.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Honestly, I think I had more fun building it than riding it. The idea of it was awesome the practicality of it at my age was not so real. I will probably buy another bike and start a new project. The guy who bought was not deterred or afraid of it or the maintenance it takes so I feel like he will enjoy it. Hard to hear he was going to put hard bags on it "WHAT Sacrilege" but it is his now. Ariel Square four would love to ride that one.
I've always been a V65 fan and have owned two, one of which was decked out with factory fairing and all the goodies. I regret selling it as well. Difficult to find them today in decent shape. I located one in Lubbock, Texas about 10 years ago. I went down to check it out and low and behold it had a supercharger. I seriously considered buying it, but my better judgement won out. That little voice in my head said, "only two things can happen with this monster. You gather a library of tickets or kill your crazy self." I passed on it.

·
Registered
2006 1800S VTX
1,226 Posts
I've had two V-65 Sabres (1985 and 1984). In that order. I tangled with a car at an intersection and bent the frame on the 85, then bought an 84. I gave them to my son when I ran out of space for motorcycles. He still has the 84.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
That is one sharp looking wheel Yaesu! I never paid much attention before the X as I was always into HDs. Now I love all motorbikes. If I were a wealthy man I'd have a warehouse full of them. Love the Comstar wheels.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've always been a V65 fan and have owned two, one of which was decked out with factory fairing and all the goodies. I regret selling it as well. Difficult to find them today in decent shape. I located one in Lubbock, Texas about 10 years ago. I went down to check it out and low and behold it had a supercharger. I seriously considered buying it, but my better judgement won out. That little voice in my head said, "only two things can happen with this monster. You gather a library of tickets or kill your crazy self." I passed on it.
I love HP and bike all of them. Hope to be able to have a shop when I retire then maybe I can have a heard to take care of :{)

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
I've had two V-65 Sabres (1985 and 1984). In that order. I tangled with a car at an intersection and bent the frame on the 85, then bought an 84. I gave them to my son when I ran out of space for motorcycles. He still has the 84.
Very nice....This was my '84.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: schnitz and Yaesu
1 - 9 of 9 Posts